Engine Cover Fix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phth

Car
Mercedes C220 Coupe
Hi All,

I have noticed that my car once being turned on vibrates more than normal, I then realized that this was because the engine cover wasn't properly fixed/attached.
There are two reasons for this:
(1) one of the (two) side fixings attaches to metallic bars coming from the engine itself, this plastic fixing has snapped off. I have checked for other engine covers and notice most have the exact same one missing so it must be a common fault. I'm trying to see if its possible to get a fix without getting an entire new engine cover.

IMG_20200502_141219.png - engine cover fixing missing

engine fixing.png - what the engine cover fixing looks like

(2) the screw holding the cover isn't particularly screwing onto anything - its missing something on the underside, this seems to go onto a small metallic square frame on the engine itself. At first I thought it was missing an engine grommet so I got some and now noticed that's not the case. It seems like it needs a square type grommet or maybe a clip that goes onto this metallic square so the engine cover screw can screw to it.

s-l300.jpg - this is the screw on the engine cover

The car is a 2012 Mercedes C220 Coupe (W204).
Any ideas gents? Thanks.

Just been out to check mine, the rear grommet bracket is obviously missing, I think I’d be fabricating a home made bracket, especially if you’ve bought new locating grommets.
The front locking mechanism is simply a spring clip with about a 3mm gap which goes through the square bracket, the “arrow” goes through the clip and turns 90 degs to lock, the part you show goes through a grommet in the cover in order to space the mechanism.
Hope this helps.

Hi same problem here only got the screw not the rest parts. The last metal part not say any part-nr in EPC don't know why.

225 rotary catch A0009981995
220 collar sleeve A0019921350
230 "for part se M22/010"

This is for om651

Send me your WIN and I can check if you have same part number.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2020-05-04 kl. 08.37.36.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-05-04 kl. 08.37.36.png
    623 KB · Views: 13
Find it on other meny 👍

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2020-05-04 kl. 09.03.24.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-05-04 kl. 09.03.24.png
    496.7 KB · Views: 11
Found my clip and did a short video with the parts. Somehow it seems to pop out. Good to check the clip when removing engine cover.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom