Engine cuts out all power lost A209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

i.comm

hi all - my 280 convertible has twice died while driving - and I mean dead - engine dies, loss of power steering - all elections die. Even to the point where the analogue dash clock spins round to reset itself!

as soon as it is put into park it restarts with no issue.

there is no warning, no sputtering etc - just... dead!

just wanted to know if there are any quick fixes - both times it happened at low speed after 20 min plus high speed journeys - once pulling into space and the other round a roundabout. I'm thinking it has to be electrical because of the total failure of power. afterwards no error and no engine management warning light.

thanks

Start simple........ check the battery connections are tight first and not lifting off

In
Start simple........ check the battery connections are tight first and not lifting off
Interesting you should say that. I did just that and the positive was loose. However removing it completely did not cause the complete power failure.

Ok...... to loose all power then there must be a loose connection from the battery to the main Sam unit. Also check the earth from battery to body for a bad connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom