Engine hex screws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simzy

Banned
Car
C220
Anyone know where to get the hex screws that hold the engine cover in place as half of mine are missed causing a **** load of rattle from the cover.

What thread are they? M6? Just get some appropriate length bolts from any hardware shop along with some washers.

Swap the Torx screws for 'button heads' from Screwfix of try your local industrial nut and bolt supplier as most have trade counters for joe public to buy from, they might even have a direct swap at the fraction of the cost.

Leabrooks said:
Swap the Torx screws for 'button heads' from Screwfix of try your local industrial nut and bolt supplier as most have trade counters for joe public to buy from, they might even have a direct swap at the fraction of the cost.

Yeah I'll take one and ask for a similar one ..

yup, thats what anyone with more than 2 brain cells would do......

Leabrooks said:
yup, thats what anyone with more than 2 brain cells would do......

As the engine gets quite hot, I wasn't sure if the screws would be different to standard screws as if they get stuck, it would be a real pain in the ass. Appreciate the advice so I will take the cocky comment on the chin.

I was giving you good advice, the set screws are standard thread and nothing special bar the Torx drive head, button socket heads are what you need, something like this:

Socket Button Screws BZP M6 x 30mm Pack of 50 | BZP Socket Screws | Screwfix.com

if you know the length (measured from under the head) its easy on european cars (metric), if they are an oddball length (or thread on older classic cars and bikes) try your local nuts and bolts (engineering supplies) dealer, most are petrolheads and will bend over backwards to get you what you need for a few quid.

they will be the correct screws, keep the cars original demeanor and not look like a numpty who's been to b&q fitting household bits to his car, and they are cheap from mb

:)

lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom