Engine Issues On S500 Lwb 2006

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
How common are they?

Is it true the engine needs to be rebuilt timing belt etc on this model or that its a prone failure.

Is the engine issues bad on this car?

M113 engine is bombproof

This engine doesn't have a timing belt either. It's a chain.
As Howard above, the M113 engine is considered one of MB's finest ever.

The last thing you need to worry about on this car is the engine, as already said "Bombproof"

Ok i bit thick here how do i check which engine the car has?

which S500s have the 113 engine then. How can I just tell by looking at the car? cheers for all your help guys

The 220 S500's have the M113 motor in them

Thank you are all the M213 engines as bad as they say

The M273 V8 was named in a US class action law suit, along with the M272 V6 due to premature wear of the balance shaft sprocket and timing chain idler. The M273 Engine Up to Serial No. 2739..30 193592 were affected after which the components were replaced. Problems usually surfaced around 60-80K miles. The issue is well documented and expensive to fix. This link is from a German website....

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktion/Attachment.html?attachmentId=681441

Last edited:
I would have no hesitation in buying a car equipped with an M273 engine

Maha, you'll never find the perfect car if you keep looking for problems ...they're are issues or known 'forum scaremongering' in all manufacturers, buy a car with good history, condition look at how the owner treats/talks of the car ( if buying private ) and you wont go wrong.

If your worried about the airmatic,SBC, ABC etc.. balancer shafts, timing chains. Stick to something more manageable. I purchased my car eyes wide open if a problem arises I get it fixed regardless.

Forget after market warranties, put away x a month and forget about it, then it's there if a problem arises.

Good luck!

you are right

You are right I will never find an issue free car you guys have been so helpful I ll just have to keep money aside for this issue if it happens if I buy the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom