Engine light C350e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charliebee9

Car
C350e
Hi wonder if anyone can help me, I gave car into garage C350e sport estate 2016. Engine light came on around the 18/19th May, error code P003000 garage contacted WMS group who emailed back saying the fault is not covered on the warranty, so I rang the dealership V12 sports and classics who said the same as WMS and that I would have to cover the cost, the 3 month warranty ran out on 24th of may, I was then told as I paid cash and debit card I can’t use the consumer rights act, and therefore nothing I can do, is this correct ?

According to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the supplying dealer should fix all faults arising with the car in the first 6 months, unless they can prove it's a new fault that wasn't present at the time if sale.

Your first port of call is therefore the supplying dealer (and not the warranty provider). Contact them and explain that you request that they fix the fault under your statutory rights, then see what they say.

See also:

I
According to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the supplying dealer should fix all faults arising with the car in the first 6 months, unless they can prove it's a new fault that wasn't present at the time if sale.

Your first port of call is therefore the supplying dealer (and not the warranty provider). Contact them and explain that you request that they fix the fault under your statutory rights, then see what they say.

See also:

I explained that they should fix it as it was 2 months and 23 days after I bought the car this problem arose and is the 4th thing to gi wrong, he explained it’s not upto them to fix and I have not a leg to stand on amd not covered under consumer rights act as I paid cash and own the car outright

...I have not a leg to stand on amd not covered under consumer rights act as I paid cash and own the car outright

What utter cr@p.... the seller is either not very knowledge, or not very honest, one of the two is certain. It is true that if you had finance in place you'd have more leverage over the seller because the finance provider would fight your corner for you, but what the seller is actually saying is that he simply doesn't believe that you'll fight this one, so he'll take his chances.

I think you have three options here:

1. Try to speak to the principal at the selling garage, and if all else fails then tell them that you are formally rejecting the car, that you will not be driving it any more and they are welcome to come and collect it from your drive. Make sure you provide full details of all faults and repair attempts that were carried-out so far. And you can also send the seller the link to the AA website, quoting the relevant paragraphs. These things tend to focus the mind.

2. If you still get no joy from the seller, then get advice from Citizens Advice Bureau, or have a letter sent to them from a solicitor.

3. Put it down to experience, give the seller a suitable review on Google, get the car repaired at your own expense and move on. And next time, only buy second hand cars from a reputable garage.

In the mean time, keep copies of all email correspondence, and keep a log of all conversations (who you spoke with, the date and time, and what was said).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom