Engine management amber light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Imsraj

Car
C Class 220d
hello everyone,
Newbie here and apologies if this has been asked before.
Bought a c class 220 cdi 2010 privately two weeks ago. About a week ago the engine management amber came on. However, the next day it was off again. Since then its been like this. What I've noticed it comes when the engine is warm. I commute to work everyday about 15 miles. Nothing happens, but if I take the car out after work after an hour or two the light comes on. Then, next day its off again. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Let us know what the diagnosis is? 👍
Just came back from the garage and two error codes was shown.

P026927 and P200A28

Any advice of what they are and what needs to be done would be greatly appreciated.

Just came back from the garage and two error codes was shown.

P026927 and P200A28

Any advice of what they are and what needs to be done would be greatly appreciated.
Didn't the garage offer any interpretation?

Not really, I've only booked for diagnostic to get codes. For the code P200A28 they suggested I should take it to a mercedes garage.
There was also the language barrier. I dont currently live in the UK and they couldn't speak English.

You might want to change your location info in your profile?
Was it a Mercedes diagnostic machine?
Sounds like they didn't want to get involved, best go to Mercedes dealership and get Google translate on your phone!

You might want to change your location info in your profile?
Was it a Mercedes diagnostic machine?
Sounds like they didn't want to get involved, best go to Mercedes dealership and get Google translate on your phone!
Done now :). No, it was a bosch system.
I couldn't find.a independent MB garage where I live so might be best taking it to a dealership. Thanks for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom