Engine management light flashing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mysprinter

Car
sprinter
Hello
I did a search but nothing conning up, hope maybe someone will shed some light.
I have a sprinter 313cdi 2011 model, it's due for a service at 200 miles showing on dashboard.
Today was driving down motorway and all of a sudden the engine light started flashing.the van is driving as normal, nothing unusual. No noises .. Nothing
Pulled over and restarted but still flashing, is this flashing as reminder for service or something else?
Please advice as I was going to service myself and if something serious then will have to send to dealers.
Thanks in advance..

The EML light flashing indicates a current fault on the ECU, it will need to be plugged into a diagnistic machine to read the code, nothing to do with your service.

The EML light flashing indicates a current fault on the ECU, it will need to be plugged into a diagnistic machine to read the code, nothing to do with your service.

I got it hooked up to a code machine and it came back with p226300..

It's strange as it happens on motorway driving around 70mph..after 20-30 miles..power ok. No limp mode.

If I switch off few minutes , leave ignition on for few minutes and fire up , light goes off.

Any ideas what it can be or to change ?

Last edited:
Deleted the codes, and took vehicle for a run...
These are the findings,
When I drive between 70-80 mph on motorway, all of sudden EML starts flashing and cannot exceed 78 mph and just under 3000 rpm..
Switch ignition off and turn ignition on, wait about 1 minute and crank it light goes out ...

On the diagnostic machine I got the 2 following codes :
P226300,boost pressure deviates from the specified value.
P027200,teach, in of the parimaters for cylinder 4 as malfunction.

Any ideas?local driving it does not give any problems.

Update,
Managed to solve the obove issues for know but developed new one. Need some help from you guys.
I changed injector 4 to a new one and van drives better and smoother with so far not same 2 codes popping up yet.... Fingers crossed...

Now i got engine light flashing, and getting p0101 air mass sensor 1 and clear soot.
Done a force dpf regen even van is driven regular on motorways at 60+ daily. But cannot clear p101 code... It simply is impossible to clear and after a short time soot comes back on..

Any ideas what is going on?i have checked mass wires all ok.
finally where is the egr valve located in the 2011 euro 5 Om651 engine? Is it easy to take off and clean myself or down to local garage?

Last edited:
Common problem

Hi I had same problems I was on way to Bulgaria from the uk and stopped at Mercedes benz garage in Germany the problem was intake valve common problem on sprinters between 2011 and 2013 was big job cost me 1000 euros because 7 hours labour but once done and had regen on particle filter van now runs like new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom