Engine management warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

810milky

Car
Clk 350 cabriolet
Hi all, hope somebody out there may be able to help.
Bought a 2009 clk 350 today, on the way home after around an hour I noticed the fuel light and the engine management light were both on. I'm assuming they both came on at the same time as I had been checking the dashboard regularly looking for any possible problems but didn't see the lights come on. The car still drives like normal even though managment light is on. I called the dealer that sold it to me and he said maybe because it had been sitting around for a few months and was low on fuel I should top it up and take it for a good run and it would probably reset its self... I did this but even tho car is running fine the light is still on.... Anyone out there had this problem and if so what's the answer?.... Thanks in advance for any help

As above.

In addition, even if the problem is sorted by some 'Italian tuning', the EML might not go off, you may need to delete the stored fault code using STAR before the light will go off.

So (unless it somehow disappears and does not come back) the car will need to go on STAR.

Either way... it's covered by warranty, so let the dealer worry about it.

You need the codes read on a good diagnostic scanner, otherwise you are stabbing in the dark.
As above.

In addition, even if the problem is sorted by some 'Italian tuning', the EML might not go off, you may need to delete the stored fault code using STAR before the light will go off.

So (unless it somehow disappears and does not come back) the car will need to go on STAR.

Either way... it's covered by warranty, so let the dealer worry about it.
Taking it back on Tuesday, was just hoping it would fix itself and save me the journey, thanks for replying

Taking it back on Tuesday, was just hoping it would fix itself and save me the journey, thanks for replying
Quick update
It turned out to be a faulty air flow sensor, dealer replaced it with no quibble. It took 5 mins and didn't need any tools!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom