Engine Management Weirdness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oxy

Car
C230K W203
Afternoon All,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue im having.

I own a C230k W203 2002 plate that has been out of action for some time now, Originally it was showing as a P0335 fault and was in a garage for a long time disagnosed with a faulty Crank sensor and eventually given back to me as they could not find a fault after replacing all parts and checking electrics etc. After some further diagnostic it became apparent that some of the ecu head pins were a little corroded / covered in something so we cleaned them up with electrical contact cleaner and voila the fault went away.

Car was running fine for a couple of weeks although not driven,
Unfortunately now my car seems to have gone a little mental, When i now start the engine it starts first turn perfectly and then after around a minute i get 3 errors pop up on the dash, they are as follows.

Display Faulty Visit workshop..
Coolant Faulty visit workshop..
Esp Fault Visit Workshop..

When these appear the Enginemanagement Light pops up and then the Dashboard seems to stop working as such.

All needles for RPM and Speed reset to 0.
Then if i wait another while leaving it running the enginemanagement light disappears and the dash comes back to life but still showing faults.
This continues this cycles over and over.

Ive connected up a Cheap code reader i own and have got the Pending Code Of,

P0600 - Serial Communication Link error

Any Suggestions on possible causes?

Regards

Colin

Have you jump started it. Sounds like the faults you get when the rear Sam is faulty.

Hi Alibally,

I've personally not jump started it but it was in a garage for 7 months nearly so i cant vouch for what happened during that time.
Is there anything i can do to test the rear sam myself?

Regards

Colin

You need it plugged into a proper diag machine such as a Star. Cheap code readers are no good for this type of fault

I had something similar to this on my 320.

Some idiot told me to disconnect the battery and reconnect to reset the ecu... ended up blowing the rear sam. No windows, seats, lights etc and lights going off all over the place and I was told that the surge when reconnected blew it. Maybe with the car being parked up the battery was drained? but I ews told never to disconnect the battery by the garage that fixed it.

Thanks all for the replys,

So far seems the concensus is that the Rear Sam looks to be the culprit.
Anyone know of someone in the Maidstone / Staplehurst area that would be able to do a Diagnostic onsite where the car is with a Star diagnostic system?

Unfortunately due to the car being stuck in a Garage for 7 months the Tax and MoT expired so i had to declare the car offroad and now with the faults occuring im thinking ill be unable to get the car to Pass an Mot to get it driving.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks so far for all the suggestions

Colin

The rear sam doesnt do much engine stuff from memory so id be going for the front SAM... but you do need to get it onto a star before you spend any money.

Its worth having a look at earth points. Check the one near the front sam bolted to the top of the strut mount.It does sound a bit more serious than this but its worth a check

Bump**

Anyone with a contact for a mobile mechanic in the maidstone area with Star diagnostic?

Thanks

1 Last Bump, am heading to where the car is stored for a few days would appreciate if anyone knows a Mobile Mechanic in the Maidstone area with a Star diagnostic system to post info here,

Thanks

Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom