Engine Needed for my 2011 C350 CDI Sport Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beagley1987

Car
Mercedes W204 C350 CDI Sport Edition
Hi all as the title states i am after a engine for my 2011 C350 CDI Blue Efficiency Sport Edition 125, i bought the car with a blown engine, seems to be a hole in the block from a rod, not entirely sure how the previous owner managed to do that but he we are.

My engine is a 642.834, there seems to be lots of slightly different variants of this 642 engine and wondered if it was possible to buy another 642 engine and swap everything from mine over even if the numbers aren't exact. Or failing that can anyone recommend a good place to find a second hand or recon engine for a reasonable price please.

Thanks all

I have a mate who has a brand new one for sale.. full om642 sprinter engine.. he is the area manager of an MB garage.. essentially the same engine. he had 2... one left now. he wants 5k .
Thats 50% off the brand new price.

Last edited:
You can buy an early W212 E350 for £5k… buying a knackered (hard worked) sprinter engine for that price is a bit bananas IMHO

Random one I found:

Last edited:
yes. brand new OM642 V6 never used engine from MB Dealer.

I have a mate who has a brand new one for sale.. full om642 sprinter engine.. he is the area manager of an MB garage.. essentially the same engine. he had 2... one left now. he wants 5k .
Thats 50% off the brand new price.
Aren’t the van engines different from car ones? They have a much high oil capacity so, I assume, a larger sump.

Some parts may be different/ interchangable, all based around the same block.

Do be careful. I came across a problem recently with a 2009 w212, om642 which had an engine swap with an earlier engine. One camshaft was different. They had changed the quadrant that triggers the camshaft sensor. Essentially it meant a solid fault code and an extended cranking time before the engine would fire up. Bit of a strip to swap the camshaft.
Just so you aware, probably best to match your numbers exactly if you can

Thanks for the all the replies guys, realistically i think the most cost effective way forward is to buy a damaged car but with a good engine, and sell the rest of the parts to recover some money back.

I have found a E350 Sport CDI same power but the engine code is 642.852 rather then my 642.834, anyone on here know the differences between the two and if there is any other models that share the 642.834 engine code ?

Thanks

Contact Dieselpumpuk and buy one of their om606 engines. 5k gets you 750bhp crated engine, just need mounts and gearbox capable if handling the power! Old school engine which passes on the newer models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom