Engine Number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Richfield

Car
1990 merc W124 200TD Estate
Please help me-I live in France and am in the process of changing the status of my car to collectors- A 1990 Mercedes TD 200 W124 Diesel estate, I must include a photos of the engine and the engine number in situ.In the 3 manuals I have all agree that its on the left hand side of the block but where?What with the injection pump,engine mtg, and starter motor there is not much room.I have all ready removed the air cleaner box plus the air inlet pipe leading from it but still cannot spot any numbers-can anyone pin point the exact area in which I must search? all advice gratefully received. Paul Richfield.

I think its on top of the block on the near side (left) You may struggle to see it as the intake manifold or oil filter housing may be in the way. Can you use a bore scope to see if yi can locate it? You can get them that attach to smart phones.

Is it not on the Carte Grise?
think the engine no will be on the vehicle data card so if you post your Vin No?

Thanks for input have found it its just above where the injection comes out of the block-just in front is a horizontal machined surface on which it is stamped- the CG has just the cars serial number and hp nowhere does it ask or show the engine number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom