Engine oil 5w30 for w211 E320 CDI 2004.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
So I do a click and collect at Halfords. The guy gets the two 5 litres of oil for me along with a sump gasket. All's well until I get home and realise he has given me two 5w30 5 litres of oil. But one is in the specified range one isn't. He must of just grabbed the both 5w30 he see and bingo that will do.

I didn't double check because they took an age looking for the sump gasket while the oil was inside the door beside the temporary check out desk. Once my 10 minute wait was up and I got my products I just walked off. I should of double checked.

I'll send a photo of each. Is none specified oil no good to go in my vehicle?? I could scream man :wallbash:

Screenshot_20200512-192748.png
The oil that is specified for my vehicle!!

Screenshot_20200512-192941.png
The one that isn't. Would it be the end of the world to put 2 litres of this in the vehicle. A 2004 e320 CDI 209,000.00 miles?

Within specification!

Not in specification!!!!

I imagine it's best not to use the number 5 stuff?

Any feedback most welcome.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200512-194943.png
Within spec

Screenshot_20200512-195033.png
Not within spec!!

It probably would not make any difference, but if it were me I would take it back and swap for the correct spec more expensive one.
I suggest having a look at eurocarparts.com in future, free delivery or click and collect, but remember to put in the current discount code, I normally get it when the 50% discount is on. also will probably cost you half the price of Halfords.

Last edited:
Don't use it, you need 229.51 low ash, very likely the #5 product is not low ash if it is not 229.51 compliant.

At less than £70 delivered for 20 Litres (cheaper when offers are on) I find the OEM stuff is the way to go.

Last edited:
It probably would not make any difference, but if it were me I would take it back and swap for the correct spec more expensive one.
I suggest having a look at eurocarparts.com in future, free delivery or click and collect, but remember to put in the current discount code, I normally get it when the 50% discount is on. also will probably cost you half the price of Halfords.

Lol, I'm still waiting on the ecp oil I orderd back in April, the 1st to be exact lol.

It wasn't cheaper either lol. Had an awful lot of problems of late with engine oil lol :wallbash:

Is the low ash spec oil, only beneficial to a car with a Dpf? :dk:

Lol, I'm still waiting on the ecp oil I orderd back in April, the 1st to be exact lol.

It wasn't cheaper either lol. Had an awful lot of problems of late with engine oil lol :wallbash:
That is strange, I have had 3 deliveries in the last two weeks, two of delivered next day, even although I only took the free within 5 days
The last I got a part order and now waiting for the rest which was not stocked special order.
Thought this would be for yours
TRIPLE QX Fully Synthetic (Low Saps C3) Engine Oil - 5W-30 - 5ltrProduct Code: 521776061 £50.99 less 50%

I orderd engine oil, oil filter, air filter and carbon air con filter. Received all the above bar the oil. Still waiting on it. Out of stock apparently. Went for a mobile 1 3000. Was on offer and in stock when I made the purchase.

Numerous emails of inquiries. Out of stock was the last reply.

That would annoy me...I would change the rogue oil so both are to MB spec. Your frustration understood. Ff not convenient to easily pop back maybe call customer service & ask if they can send the right one to your door F.O.C.

Admittedly I didn't click on the next day delivery option as i didn't want to take advantage of the current environment for the front line key workers. Maybe I should have !!

I wouldn't know for sure and would not take the chance, EGR clogging of the inlet manifold has to also be considered.

Cheers, I think I need to replace the wrong spec oil.

Don't know why they don't allow a few customers in at a time. This f.c. up wouldn't happen if this was the case. Keep safe distances, similar to supermarkets!!!!

I still don't get why you don't just get 20L from MB ?

I still don't get why you don't just get 20L from MB ?

To be totally honest I didn't think of it. I also had it in my head as the showrooms and service wasn't open the parts delivery wouldn't be also.

So Mb will still deliver parts in the current environment?

To be totally honest I didn't think of it. I also had it in my head as the showrooms and service wasn't open the parts delivery wouldn't be also.

So Mb will still deliver parts in the current environment?

Yes you can still get parts, Edinburgh and Newcastle lilsting on ebay for £65 & £68.
Always worth noting the prices for these things on ebay, these dealers offer great prices delivered.

For anyone wanting oil door to door I have used Simon & Guy @ Opie oils in past. Last oil change on mine was just Comma from a drum to MB spec. Changing the fuel filter arguably made more fuel efficiency difference than me buying a higher price engine oil. I mainly run on the top end shell v power diesel fwiw. I accept OP will stick to Halfords oil as payment already made on this occasion.

Misconception about oil brands and prices , Inc super derv .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom