Engine oil 5w30 for w211 E320 CDI 2004.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I get all my oil (of the correct spec) and all my service parts from Euro.
I fell out with Halfords many years ago after poor service and a spectacular fiasco when they fitted 4 new tyres to my dad's car and rounded off all the wheel nuts ...... Damage which I had to sort out.
Halfords are not my favourite people !

Get it from MB, £68 for 20L delivered.
Easy

You've probably just opened a can of worms ;)

The most important issues are the spec and viscosity. It might help if you mentioned which engine / year, ie petrol or diesel, and if the latter do you have a DPF.

In short, later petrols need an oil meeting MB spec 229.5, older ones 229.3.
Diesels, definitely those with DPF, require MB spec 22.31, 229.51or 229.52, with 229.52 being the latest. These later ones are backward compatible.

Your handbook should specify the reqd spec..

As for Comma, if it meets the spec it should be fine. Off the top of my head I don't know whether any Comma oils are officially approved by MB, there is a sheet available if you search (Bevo). If the car is still under warranty you are best advised to use an 'approved' oil.

Some will swear by Mobil 1, Shell, Fuchs or any other main brand. Without going into the detailed performance spec of each oil and whether it simply meets or exceeds MB's spec, many people are happy with just the correct spec. oil and regular changes.

As a tip, normally you stand a better chance of getting a response if you start a new thread, rather than add on to an old one.

ETA, Strange, the above 2 replies weren't showing when I typed my reply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom