Engine oil bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Just come back from ASDA and noticed they have fully synthetic oil 5/30 and 5/40 spec to ACEA C3 low ash and A3/B3 for £14 for 5 litres. Now if you are not bothered about the brand name being on the container then this is a bargain as exactly the same oil under its own brand name sells for 3 x the price of this, so grab yourself a bargain whilst it lasts :thumb:

If you are like me and on Semi Syn then its the bargain price of £10 per 5 litres

Good value from ASDA :thumb:

Bloody hell that's good.
I feel a change to some upmarket shopping is in order tomorrow.

sreat value. Better than Stealers price of £139.00 i was recently quoted for 8 litres of Helix

Job done! 15 litres at £14 for five litres.

That will keep me quiet for a while. :)
Many thanks for the heads up, Ian.

^ After the digging I did back in 2010, this time I actually know what's in the ASDA can and who the supplier is and it's not the same as it was back then.

Also you will notice terminology has changed regarding oils which is what I was saying back on the thread in 2010. People now speak of Synthetic and FULLY Synthetic the difference of which I explained 3 years ago :thumb:

Plus it's a quid a litre cheaper than it was back then.

Halfords 4lt 5/50 (mobil 1 oil spec) £10 last week

^ After the digging I did back in 2010, this time I actually know what's in the ASDA can and who the supplier is and it's not the same as it was back then.

Care to tell the rest of us? A sort of 'name and no shame'...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom