engine oil dipstick bone dry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, I think you will have an oil level sensor, even without the electronic display feature. My CLK280 does, as does my BMW E46.

According to the EPC the 'oil level sender unit' has been replaced by a 'oil level liquid level switch' or the optional 'oil level oil-break switch'.

Maybe your handbook will show it in the section on the instrument panel warning lights?

Just checked EPC a bit further, if your CLK is a 209 342, then the oil level sensor was fitted to model years 803, 804, 805, and an oil-break switch to 806 onwards.

Last edited:
Cheers, as the oil was sitting 10mm from min on the dipstick, i've added in 0.5 of a litre

No, I think you will have an oil level sensor, even without the electronic display feature. My CLK280 does, as does my BMW E46.

According to the EPC the 'oil level sender unit' has been replaced by a 'oil level liquid level switch' or the optional 'oil level oil-break switch'.

Maybe your handbook will show it in the section on the instrument panel warning lights?

Just checked EPC a bit further, if your CLK is a 209 342, then the oil level sensor was fitted to model years 803, 804, 805, and an oil-break switch to 806 onwards.

I'll have a look in the handbook, don't recall seeing any mention of this under the engine oil/filling section

Was the engine hot or cold when you filled and checked level?

Cold and checked on a level surface, it was approx 10mm above min on the dipstick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom