engine oil flush E300 T diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zafarius

I normally change my engine oil via the dipstick using the pump method.
This has worked fine for the last year.

I would like to do an engine oil flush but am worried that the engine flush will dislodge a lot of gunk that will block the pump.

Is this likely. I do not have the facilities to do a sump drain.

Cheers

zafarius said:
I normally change my engine oil via the dipstick using the pump method.
This has worked fine for the last year.

I would like to do an engine oil flush but am worried that the engine flush will dislodge a lot of gunk that will block the pump.

Is this likely. I do not have the facilities to do a sump drain.

Cheers

Ermm - surely a sump drain is not all that much more effort than just removing the oil and oil filter, and refilling etc.

Not got any first hand experience specifically on a W210 E300TD, but if it is anything like any other MBs that I have seen it will be at most a couple or few bolts and one bolt for the sump plug. Remember to replace the copper washer on the sump plug (a few pence!)

If you really, really cant do this yourself then I would say pop into any garage - a few minutes of a job. Even Kwik-fit or other tyre/brake type places should do this whilst you wait.

Good luck :)

Will

Your engine would have to be in a pretty bad state to have that much gunk in it.
If you have been running the engine on diesel specific oil then I would be surprised if there is any solid material in there. The detergents keep the by products in suspension, that's why the oil goes black. This even happens in a petrol engine if run with diesel engine oil, although I wouldn't recommend it as the piston crown can suffer with a build up of sulphated ash causing pinking.

Just flush the engine and suck the oil out then run some cheap oil through as there will be some oil/detergent left in the oil cooler. Re drain and refil with synthetic diesel oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom