engine oil level

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys I want to check the engine oil level in my 06 e280cdi sport 3.0 v6 is there a way I can do this?

I believe you check via the instrument cluster by toggling through the options. Check your manual if you have one...failing that I am sure a quick Google search will give the answer.

There is a dip stick near the front of the engine (looking at the engine with the bonnet open) towards the left side of the engine bay

Hi guys I want to check the engine oil level in my 06 e280cdi sport 3.0 v6 is there a way I can do this?

The method described below doesnt work on all MB's but try it anyway..

Note: If the engine has just been running, let the vehicle stand for around 10-15 minutes before starting this procedure.

1. Make sure that your display in your cluster is set to the default Outside Temp setting, then turn ignition off.

2. Now turn to position 1

3. Press the 'Reset' push button on the extreme left-hand edge of the instrument cluster quickly 3 times. It will beep and the display will show battery voltage.

4. Turn the ignition key clockwise from position 1 to position 2 (second position).

Press the 'Up Arrow' on the left of the steering wheel ONCE. Hopefully it will show 'Oil level _._l' in the central display area)

Wait for 10 seconds or so for the oil reading to take place.. It will display something like 6.1 litres (or whatever)..

Ideally you want to keep the level between 6 and 6.5 litres (On a C270 cdi).

Just out of sheer interest do these cars not have an oil dipstick?

Genuinely asking...

I was told that they dont have a dip stick and its electronic however I do have a dipstick with a red cap at the top right of my engine 3.0 v6 cdi but was told this is for gearbox oil

The method described below doesnt work on all MB's but try it anyway..

Note: If the engine has just been running, let the vehicle stand for around 10-15 minutes before starting this procedure.

1. Make sure that your display in your cluster is set to the default Outside Temp setting, then turn ignition off.

2. Now turn to position 1

3. Press the 'Reset' push button on the extreme left-hand edge of the instrument cluster quickly 3 times. It will beep and the display will show battery voltage.

4. Turn the ignition key clockwise from position 1 to position 2 (second position).

Press the 'Up Arrow' on the left of the steering wheel ONCE. Hopefully it will show 'Oil level _._l' in the central display area)

Wait for 10 seconds or so for the oil reading to take place.. It will display something like 6.1 litres (or whatever)..

Ideally you want to keep the level between 6 and 6.5 litres (On a C270 cdi).

hi thank you for your comments and instructions, so io follow your list but the oil level did not display instead other functions came up to which one was servicing, before i started the service indicator was "service C 3000miles" i messed about and hit confirmed and now it says " service B in 15500miles or 755+ days, oh dear what have i done? does anyone have what all the sub menus do? it would be great to know so that you can do it correctly ourselves. thanks

on the original note. does anyone know how to check the oil level on this engine?

I was told that they dont have a dip stick and its electronic however I do have a dipstick with a red cap at the top right of my engine 3.0 v6 cdi but was told this is for gearbox oil

This is the engine oil level dipstick. You can check your level from this.
You have a 7 speed transmission which has no dipstick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom