"Engine oil pressure, Stop, Switch off engine" Red Warning Message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Normally (any) dipstick tube bolts into the block close to the sump , have a look at the pics of this 220D engine . It looks as though there is a flange on the lower LHS of the block that may be for the dipstick tube.

If there is a electronic oil level sensor MB possibly thought there was no requirement for a dipstick .

K

Just read this thread,to me it is scary that a owner would even attempt to run a engine with that fault coming up,oil is what keeps the engine running without it you will have a solid lump of metal,also the cost of a new engine,would for most mean get it on star,I admit that it might well be a sensor,but you get the feeling that the op just did not understand just how that warning would have panned out if the oil pump was giving up.

Normally (any) dipstick tube bolts into the block close to the sump , have a look at the pics of this 220D engine . It looks as though there is a flange on the lower LHS of the block that may be for the dipstick tube.

If there is a electronic oil level sensor MB possibly thought there was no requirement for a dipstick .

K
Thanks Kenny. I found the attached advert. It looks like you're right about where the dipstick might go - either side perhaps. I'll ask an MB dealer about this part number. Seems a daft move not to have a dipstick. (Must be a joke in there somewhere!)

Attachments

• img044 (2).jpg
    img044 (2).jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi Tahir, can you please advise did you get this issue solved? I have the same model and recently bought it. I’m facing exactly the same issue.

Hi Tahir, can you please advise did you get this issue solved? I have the same model and recently bought it. I’m facing exactly the same issue.
Hi Eesa

No unfortunately the same issue still persists. I was advised its most likely a sensor issue but the location of the sensor is quite awkward hence have not got it changed for timebeing otherwise. The car functions as normal, had it been a genuine issue the car would have ceased by now.

If you happen to get any further info or a solution please do let me know.

Cheers!

Thanks for your prompt reply bro. I have been getting the same message from last one month maybe after a day or two for just a mere second and then goes away. The car drives normally though.

Attachments

• 64A2F4CF-5581-43E9-B657-6D64C7763453.jpeg
    64A2F4CF-5581-43E9-B657-6D64C7763453.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Thanks for your prompt reply bro. I have been getting the same message from last one month maybe after a day or two for just a mere second and then goes away. The car drives normally though.
Yeah sounds similar to my issue but to be on safe side maybe get it checked out that its not a genuine warning message for peace of mind. Thats what i did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom