Engine oil warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaffajim0

Car
E class estate
I bought my 17 plate e220d estate 1 week ago and the engine oil level has twice shown up as being too high. The first time was on the journey back from the dealer after purchase and it went out after a few minutes and the second time, a couple of days ago, it stayed on for the whole journey (about 40 miles) but has not come back on since. I can't see how to check the level as there is no dipstick and the instructions in the manual tell me to go to Service - Engine Oil etc. but I cannot find any "Service" setting on the display.

I am going to be speaking to MB about another issue so will definitely bring this up too.

Anybody know where I can find the oil level setting??

The oil level sensor can be oversensitive, but if you get this warning then it's best to remove half a litre just to be safe.

The oil level in these engines are a real pain to get right. 200ML can be the difference between min and max. Everyone I know that works on these is struggling to get the level bang on.

After we service these we road test them for about 8 miles to get the oil hot to then check the level.

The oil level in these engines are a real pain to get right. 200ML can be the difference between min and max. Everyone I know that works on these is struggling to get the level bang on.

After we service these we road test them for about 8 miles to get the oil hot to then check the level.
Any idea how I can check the level?? I am struggling to find it in the system.

As markjay says remove half a litre to err on the safe side, as to the level check, your owners hand book should give you the the menu sequence, remember ignition switch needs to be on but engine not running. Sorry cant be more help.

As markjay says remove half a litre to err on the safe side, as to the level check, your owners hand book should give you the the menu sequence, remember ignition switch needs to be on but engine not running. Sorry cant be more help.
Hand book just says it's in "service" but I can't find that anywhere. It's not in the vehicle settings which I thought would be the obvious one.

hth

hth
Thanks for that. I've replied to someone on that thread who seems to know where to check on the computer as I still cannot find any "service" menu on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom