Engine oil..yet another thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Went into Halfords last week to get a part for kids bike and spotted a promotion on PETRONAS Syntium 7000 oil.

They had 5L 0W-40 (and other viscosities) Fully synthetic API SN, ACEA A3/B4 which was MB approved 229.5 at £40.99.

That works out at £8.20/litre which is in some cases better than half the price of other brands. As PETRONAS is a major sponsor of MB F1 and develop oil alongside MB ,the packaging has Mercedes Benz and AMG branding on it my guess is its a bargain, especially if you have and engine that uses oil. As many do.

Other brands look to be a similar price until you notice the containers are mainly 4Lt not 5.

Mercedes newcastle sell genuine Mercedes 5w40 229.5 oil at £17 for 5l.

£3.40/litre. Great value. Almost unbelievable from a MB stealer. Seeing as its regularly priced at 5 times as much almost anywhere else in the UK.

It was £60 for 20 litres at my local deale, but I got a bit of a discount so it ended up costing even less! :eek:

Ooops ignore :)

I currently have Petronas in a Leon Tdi, every 1500 miles it goes from max to min, even Castrol managed 3k. Trying Liqui Moly next if that doesn't live up to its name then I'll go back to Motul or Shell of which it never used any..

As PETRONAS is a major sponsor of MB F1 and develop oil alongside MB ,the packaging has Mercedes Benz and AMG branding on it my guess is its a bargain

It may have AMG branding but last I heard Mercedes only recommended Mobil 1 for AMG engines?
Mobil 1 still only £29 for 5 litres at Costco.

Russ

Our local Mercedes independent uses Petronas Syntium 5000xs. Just bought some for doing an oil change on the BMW. £36 for 8 litres from carparts4less.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom