Engine Operating Temperature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonathan_T

Car
2007 Audi A8 3.0TDi Quattro
What is the "normal" operating temperature for the 270 cdi engine? I've noticed that even after 45 mins of driving mine's only showing about 60 degrees. Surely that is too low?

Thanks

You need a new thermostat. Engine temp should be between 80-90.

Oh well....that's another thing to add to the list that needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the swift response:thumb:

Mine (petrol) sits at a nudge above 80 most of the time.

You need a new thermostat. Engine temp should be between 80-90.

I agree 100 %

My W203 C200 CDi also runs at 60 C when its warmed up. I've only had the car 2 weeks so was assuming this was normal.

Johnathan T - if you do change your thermostat, please can you post an update as i'd be interested to know if it makes a difference.

My W203 C200 CDi also runs at 60 C when its warmed up. I've only had the car 2 weeks so was assuming this was normal.

Johnathan T - if you do change your thermostat, please can you post an update as i'd be interested to know if it makes a difference.

It will make a difference to the temp and also improve MPG.

Not a big job and a genuine MB stat will only cost around £40.

It will make a difference to the temp and also improve MPG.

Not a big job and a genuine MB stat will only cost around £40.

confirmed.
I've done the job a couple of weeks ago. I realized immediately that with new termostat the operating temperature now raise and reach much quicker the proper temperature (85-90 degrees vs 65-70 degrees before).

I had the same problem and had a new one fitted. Now runs 1bar below the 100 mark on the temperature guage and there was an immediate improvement in my mpg. Now regularly getting over 40mpg on a longish mixed run. Came from Brighton to Cheshire just after the new one fitted and showing 46.7mpg on the computer. I reckon at least 4mpg better overall than before I had it done.
Wish I had done it earlier. Cost for fitting at garage for genuine merc thermostat was just under £100.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom