engine pipe advice green mess!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leemanuel

Car
350 SL
HI all,

i have a w208 clk 320, am mid way changing my spark plugs....... just undone a star bolt on the right hand side (as you look into the engine bay) attached to a metal (shiny) thing and all air and green dye blew in my face!!! :mad: ok after you have all finished laughing.... have i just released the aircon gas and dye?? or something more major? do i just need to go get the system refilled now - well once i have done the other 6 spark plugs....

i am seeing the funny side now to having green face and hair!!

Can you post a piccy of the green spewing unit ?

Tee Hee :D

not my car, but if you look at the mercedes benz wording to the right as you look at the picture, its the silver pipe between the oil filler cap and water washer bottle - am doing well with the plugs, all coil packs off (one broken plug in coil (now out) and six plugs out;)

a28d_19.JPG

I think that's an aircon pipe mate. Do you mean the one with the flexible aluminium heat shield ?

Yes it is an aircon pipe.

You will need a re-gas etc.

Can you get a picture of yourself looking like the Hulk please ?

I need a good laugh !:D

Can you get a picture of yourself looking like the Hulk please ?

I need a good laugh !:D

tell ya what just for the fun of it will take a pic of the state of me when im all done - its all been a drama, tools dropped in the engine bay, then the toggles on my hooded top got stuck in the engine

Sorry, shouldn't laugh i've done some daft things myself, but an image of a green bloke with his hair all standing up wedged into and engine bay by his toggles made me chuckle.

tell ya what just for the fun of it will take a pic of the state of me when im all done - its all been a drama, tools dropped in the engine bay, then the toggles on my hooded top got stuck in the engine

Mate , you just made me spit out tea with the last bit .... :D

Should have got a professional to do it, eh Howard.... lol

What was it Olly ? 34 mins when we had to stop ? ;) and it was nearly done then ....

When are we painting your floor mate ?

wakefield's not too far from me so I popped round to see if he's ok :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• green%20man[1].jpg
    green%20man[1].jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 77
ok thanks all for your help, took 4.5 hours and i would do it again :eek: without much worry.

was straight forward but fiddly - just for you Howard, heres me looking stressed, rough and disheveled

S5000428.JPG

Not looking very green mate ! ;)

i had to wash it all off - remember at the point it hit me i had no idea what it was.

car seems better on the pull off since done!!! probably just in my mind but what the hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom