Engine problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyLou

Car
mb 220 cdi estate
Hi guys , advice required, I've a 2008 s204 tdi est., every now and again the engine loses power momentarily and then picks up again , also when I'm reversing at slow speed the motor will cut out but restart ok....I maintain the car meticulously and have recently cleaned out the egr unit ....any advice appreciated

Hi guys , advice required, I've a 2008 s204 tdi est., every now and again the engine loses power momentarily and then picks up again , also when I'm reversing at slow speed the motor will cut out but restart ok....I maintain the car meticulously and have recently cleaned out the egr unit ....any advice appreciated

I am surprised no one else has responded so far. I am no expert but will try to help.

I suggest that you have a diagnostic test done by someone with a STAR diagnostic system. This is always good advice for these more modern cars often given on this forum.

My W203 C220cdi would just loose power on accelaration. Like someone closed thge fuel supply. It turned out that the lower air hose, a ~UKP60 part, had a crack and had to be replaced. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom