engine rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robcob

Car
mercedes ml 320 cdi/vito 113cdi
Hi guys,
my names rob i have a 2009 mercedes ml 320 cdi with full amg kit and a 2015 mercedes vito 113cdi it's the vito that's been the problem with a faulty injector thats caused a bent conrod low compression and a chunk taken out of the bottom of the liner so i have taken the engine out stripped it all down had a new liner fitted along with conrod and piston and just putting it all back together i have set piston number
1 to tdc with the crank pulley and am just waiting for a new chain kit to arrive to set the cams up ,the chain drives the high pressure diesel pump now doe's this need timing or is it just to pressure the rail up and the rest is done by the ecu.
cheers rob

Just a quick update for anybody that is interested the engine i rebuilt is back in the van and running great so if i can give any advice on this type of engine after pulling it to bits and doing a full rebuild inc taking it out of the van on my own and refitting it back in give me a shout.
rob

A real achievement you should be very pleased.

A real achievement you should be very pleased.
Yes i am pleased with how it turned out,it,s a bit daunting when you first start pulling the thing out as it,s a big lump with sensors everywhere but if you take your time and are handy with the spanners it's doable for the home mechanic,i have built 2 cobra replicas over the years so nothing fazes me now it's just nuts and bolts.
rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom