Engine Restore Oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Last edited:
Howard I can sell you some sawdust and a couple of eggs cheaper that will do the trick, lol
Pete

PeterG said:
Howard I can sell you some sawdust and a couple of eggs cheaper that will do the trick, lol
Pete

Ha Ha Ha - quality - i take it thats a 'dont buy it !' then ? :D

Number of products like this being sold, all based on the newer Copper, Silver and Lead based organic compounds. Below 20 microns so will not clog filters like the old stuff (the general idea has been around for years) but will still tend to settle out over time.

Works by depositing Copper, Silver & Lead metals onto cylinder walls and so will tend to do something for a while: fills in scratches, pits & grooves and so forms a smoother base for the engine oil to better act as a hydrodynamic film.

BUT: danger that any blowby (and you are using this in worn engines remember!) will result in oil enriched with Copper, Silver and LEAD hitting your catalytic converter!!
That will poison it very quickly.

So if an old engine with no Cat. unlikely to cause harm and may just help a bit. But in any Cat. equipped car no barge pole is long enough IMHO.

Last edited:
Don't think mine has a cat - J Plate, '91 140k miles

Did w124 '91 cars have cats ?

Howard said:
Don't think mine has a cat - J Plate, '91 140k miles

Did w124 '91 cars have cats ?
This question was answered at least once in the last fortnight, try searching :)

Shude said:
This question was answered at least once in the last fortnight, try searching :)

:( sorry sir :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom