Engine revs higher than normal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shp3r1uk

Car
CLS Shooting Brake
Hi All,

Hope you're all well and healthy!

I own the x218 on 62 plate, 3L Diesel engine.

I have noticed recently the engine keep higher revs shortly after the engine start (normal ~550 rpm, now 800 rpm) and the gears are changing at higher revs too. It doesn't always happen (happened before, but very rarely), but today it's been going on all day. Had the car out 4 times today and it's on higher revs all the time. On one occasion at the traffic lights, it dropped down to 550 but as soon as I took off the engine was revving high again.

Anyone has an idea or had this issue before?

Hi All,

Hope you're all well and healthy!

I own the x218 on 62 plate, 3L Diesel engine.

I have noticed recently the engine keep higher revs shortly after the engine start (normal ~550 rpm, now 800 rpm) and the gears are changing at higher revs too. It doesn't always happen (happened before, but very rarely), but today it's been going on all day. Had the car out 4 times today and it's on higher revs all the time. On one occasion at the traffic lights, it dropped down to 550 but as soon as I took off the engine was revving high again.

Anyone has an idea or had this issue before?
either its a cold engine and normal or its a DPF clean cycle normally idles at 900ish and changes gear at 2k and not very smoothly it may be worth a good blast down the motorway to get it nice and warm

The gearbox will adapt to driving style. If you drive sedately then give it a boot, then drive sedately again the gearbox may hold on to gears expecting you to want to drive fast.

It could also be a DPF regeneration happening.

It could also be the gearbox slipping possibly due to low fluid level.

Etc etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom