Engine Shake...!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tigris

Car
CLK
Hi Guys

Long time since my last post as I have been busy at work travelling abroad back and forth (too much EasyJet :eek:). Anyway....

In the last few days my engine has started to shake after a 5 or 10 minutes drive. You can feel the entire car is shaking but when you look under the bonnet you can tell its the actual engine "dancing".

The way to stop it is to turn the engine off and then start it again, drive for another 5 minutes until it start shaking again.

You can especially feel the shake during low speed acceleration (acceleration doesnt feel the same like it used to be) or at a full stop.

W208 CLK 2.L Sport with 130k miles

Any ideas guys:dk: ?

Spark plugs, coil, plug leads, plug caps etc etc.

Don't spent a penny until you have had it on a diagnostics machine otherwise you may well end up spending money on parts that you do not need.

Unfortunately I spent over £600.00 on parts and it still hasn't cured mine but also the STAR diagnostics machine showed no faults so I am no closer to solving the problem. It seems to be a common fault on lot of Mercedes.....the forum is full of threads from members with the same unsolved problem !

Keith

As Olly says sounds like an HT breakdown problem causing a misfire. Because it starts after a time rather than right away it could be some ignition component overheating and breaking down rather than a short due to moisture etc --Could be faulty coil or engine ECU ignition output transistors? Worst case scenario cylinder head gasket leaking on heating up altho usually this initially causes a misfire from cold which subsequently clears. Checked your coolant levels recently?

Thanks for the fast response guys.

My spark plugs were changed 5k miles ago (how often do these need changing?).

Pendragon - How much does a STAR dia should cost?

grober - coolant level and temp is fine but anyway this week I will do a full service ( OEM fuel, oil & air filters, MB coolant and Shell Helix H7 10/40 semi < --- sounds good?).

I have noticed the engine oil breather pipe has had a slight leak. Maybe it contaminated the MAF which is causing the problem ?

STAR diagnostics cost will vary as they all have different rates.

I charge £35.00 but I am a long way from you I expect.

Problem solved!
Engine oil breather pipe was cleaned (it was completely blocked) and plugs were changed during the service!
Joy :)

Mine got a lot better when I cleaned mine as they were blocked too.

Glad you sorted it !

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom