Engine shutdown when selecting R at cold star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alexetto72

Car
C250cdi 2010
Hello

This morning I start my engine and 2 minutes later I go to R to leave the garage and the engine stops

After I restart and leave the garage without problem

Before, and I already posted on this problem, when I went to D after cold start I felt a shock which would make the car jump forward if I did not have my foot on the brake

This morning the engine preferred to stall?

After all is normal and no engine light

The box (722.6) was flushed 30,000 km ago. No residue

Its a C250cdi from 2010

WDD2040031A419796

I had the same problem on my c220cdi in early 2011 722.6 box too and the gearbox ended up breaking (skating)

Do you have an idea ?

thank you so much

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the torque converter.
Cost me around £1100 at a local indy to fix.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

As above- the torque converter is designed to minimise the shock of drive take up by the gearbox by providing a degree of "slippage"-it also incorporates a lock up clutch to eliminate this slippage when the car is cruising along to help with fuel consumption. If either torque convertor or lockup clutch was malfunctioning this would place to much strain on the gearbox and causse premature failure. First thing to check is fluid levels- the torque convertor and gearbox may well be separate

Sounds like the cold start issue as described in this link....
Finally A FIX for W211 (722.6 box) cold engine stall when switching to D or R from P

I have this issue my workaround is to run engine for around 10 mins to warm everything up. Once warm around 50 degrees it selects gear fine. Otherwise I suspect only permanent fix is to replace torque converter and get gear box reconditioned.. mega money!!!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

It will be either the torque converter or the valve in the valve body sticking or both. Done many many of them.

thank you guys.I will begin with TC solenoid.Have you tried refurbushed from aliexpress?

I think maybe our new member has had a close look at the fault and is still in shock over how much it is probably going to cost to fix it.

Alex , are you still there ? hello....

Hello
Still here
In fact I haven’t done anything yet. I don’t use it a lot cause of confinement here
So I let engine idle to 50 degrees and it seems to be all right like this
Had same problem in previous C220cdi 2011 and ended by changing all gearbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom