Engine Squeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GMC

Hi All

After a bit of advise again regarding my C250TD estate.

Changed the water pump and auxillary drive belt recently following a snapped impellor and have now noticed a squealing noise coming from the engine with the following symptoms.

Under normal driving acceleration no noise what so ever, when accelerating hard a squeal develops around 2,500 rpm and runs through to whatever the engine is rev'd to. There is no noticable loss of power and the sqeals has similar sound to a slipping fan belt (but not as loud).

My main concern is that this may be a problem with the turbo, but may also be assocaited with the new aux' belt (from Euro car parts)

Anyone got any thoughts or similar experiences

BR

GMC

GMC said:
Hi All

After a bit of advise again regarding my C250TD estate.

Changed the water pump and auxillary drive belt recently following a snapped impellor and have now noticed a squealing noise coming from the engine with the following symptoms.

Under normal driving acceleration no noise what so ever, when accelerating hard a squeal develops around 2,500 rpm and runs through to whatever the engine is rev'd to. There is no noticable loss of power and the sqeals has similar sound to a slipping fan belt (but not as loud).

My main concern is that this may be a problem with the turbo, but may also be assocaited with the new aux' belt (from Euro car parts)

GMC

Had this once (on an Austin A40, when I was 18) when i fitted the belt too tightly, causing pressure on the pulley spindle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom