engine takes too log to start and dies after 5-10 minutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hazem80

Car
C200 kompressor
Hi All .
I have c200 kompressor , engine m271.
It takes too log to start and dies after 5-10 minutes and want start until it is cooled down.
OBDII cods :- P0171
we installed new MAF ,Camshaft sensors, sparkpluges & ignition coiles and checked it for air leak .
even we installed new fuel pump but the problem is not solved .
please assist .

Any unsual noises when starting? rattling, grinding? These are known for timing chain issues

no unusual noise the engine cranks but won't start or run from first attempt, I scanned it again now it shows P0122 " check Attached PIC ", and I will upload a video of crank attempt if it is not against forum rules and share it with you so you can check if there are unusual noises

Attachments

• p0122.jpg
    p0122.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
I have replaced the crank position sensor but the problem is not solved, new fault codes attached, and i have uploaded the video (( CHECK HERE )).

Attachments

• p2002-002.jpg
    p2002-002.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 7
  • p2029-001.jpg
    p2029-001.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 7
sounds like its starving for petrol.
i presume it has a fuel filter, if so was it ever replaced?

new fuel pump & Fuel filter was installed a week ago

I have seen similar symptoms on a few French cars, and tuned out to be a knackered ecu.
If you know someome with same car model may work a try.

I will give it a try after replaceing cranckshaft one more time, i dont like the quality of the one installed now " Turkish made " then will go for ecu.

hi guys .. we tried other ecu for the same model but nothing changed still not starting, even we replaced the fuel pressure regulator
o_Oo_Oo_O

Problem is solved by replacing crankshaft sensor to original one .

I have never owned a C200 but I remember a guy I knew who serviced his car,made the mistake of getting the wrong fuel filter,if I remember right that filter is VIN critical,ignore this if I have got it wrong

Thanks to everyone for the support and sharing your opinions 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom