Engine warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markjames

Car
mercedes e220 coupe
I have a 2015 e220d coupe, blue efficiency model. Pulled onto motorway this morning and Amber engine warning light came on. Didn't at first seem to be any change in performance but noticed after a while gearbox will not kick down. Also option for maual gearbox mode has disappeared.
When off motorway noticed it is now reluctant to change up gear, holding onto about 3000 rpm before changing up even in eco mode.
It's booked into Mercedes on Monday as that's earliest they can get it in. They have said it is safe to carry on using it.
Any One got any ideas of what could be causing it and also opinions on whether to keep using it.

Thanks

Not from my car but this is the light

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171206-132859.png
    Screenshot_20171206-132859.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 12
Stop guessing and just have someone competent read the fault code(s), it will be far quicker and cheaper to resolve this way.

Limp mode! Could be 100’s of things. But it’ll all be ok!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I don't think you can figure it out here...You should go check it even you didn't already did it? If you did let us know what happened.

I would hazard a guess at a boost leak, but could be anything, as said, get the codes read and let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom