England Football

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by HughJarse, Sep 10, 2008.

1. HughJarse

HughJarse Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c250
    Is it wrong that a National team is only available on a pay channel?

Yes I know we pay for all channels, but shouldn't national games be on BBC or other free to view?

( although sodden em its available if you know which www. to type in ;) )

2. PXW

PXW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S212 350 bluetec AMG night edition prem+
    They used to be 'reserved' events, but apparently no longer. I'm a bit irritated by the Setanta thing anyway - brilliant piece of 'consumer friendly' meddling from the EU meant the Premier League was forced to sell its rights in packages rather than all to the highest bidder, to protect consumers. Who now therefore have to pay two subscriptions to get the same coverage....:mad: Might be a bit better if they had some stuff on ppv, but that doesn't appear to be an option either:rolleyes:

3. crockers

crockers MB Club Veteran

Car:
    XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
    does anyone subscribe to sentana

4. OP
    OP
    HughJarse

HughJarse Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c250
    Yeh the guy streaming to websites.

5. SEM

SEM Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 C220 CDi SPORT & E350 Coupe Sport
    Yeah i subscribe to Setanta.. i feel it's FA's Fault, in some respect for not keeping it a prime TV sport.
    ITV blew all there money on F1, the beeb on Tennis and some Golf, The FA on a manager who spookily looks like my late father

Setanta is crap for some things and great for others.. i just wish it was HD which is the only thing that spoils the broadcast

I watched the England game at home with a few beers.. and felt i got my 12.99 per months worth (it was 9.00) and there is a connection fee con going on if you were a previous subscriber £24.00 reconnection + View

I'm also a big boxing fan and i did not pay for the last box office.. so far i feel i got my moneys worth on that too....

You takes yer pick and makes yer choice.... ever tried sopcast!!?

6. Corrado

Corrado Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Civit 1.8VTEC
    Exacty how I feel about test cricket. It was appalling how the ECB sold out and relegated the games to Murdoch's channels. With the multi multi repeat repeats on the Beeb these days it would be refreshing to see more new material.

Thank goodness for TMS:)

7. kikkthecat

kikkthecat Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
    I'm a Virgin media customer and as part of the fall out from the problems with Sky not supplying Sky One, Sky News etc to Virgin, Virgin now supply Setanta Sports 1, 2 and Setanta Sports news free to all customers who subscribe to Sky Sports.