England Lose World Cup Bid.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

Looks like we have not won it.

Real shame if proved right.

Yes I told the world (or at least this forum 8 mins before it was announced!)

Erm wasnt this a forgone conclusion?

FIFA are well known for taking bribes and Russia is a mafia state.

Did you really think it would go to anyone else?

Comrade Sp!ke you must be careful with your description of Russia.

A discredited and corrupt process which we are better off having nothing to do with.

It's a pity the 2012 Olympics didn't go to Russia as well and then we'd be about £10 billion better off.

Had England won what a wonderful organisation FIFA would be.

Still, we've got the Olympics to drain the resources we don't have.

The 2022 World Cup has gone to Qatar, who apparently are going to build some brand new stadiums and then tear them down after the world cup and rebuild them in other countries!

Has been said England can't realistically bid again untill the 2030 world cup(rotation policy), but I'd have to say why bother?? Obviously FIFA have something against the FA and would rather do business with countries that know how to muzzle dissenting voices.....

Had England won what a wonderful organisation FIFA would be.

Still, we've got the Olympics to drain the resources we don't have.

Infrastructure is already there for the World Cup, unlike the Olympics.

Infrastructure is already there for the World Cup, unlike the Olympics.

You mean we bought a job lot of unused vuvuzelas?

You mean we bought a job lot of unused vuvuzelas?

:D

Latest conspiracy theory, Brazil are way behind in being ready for the next world cup, so another country ready to take a world cup at short notice may be parachuted in.....

I'm just so hacked off about the whole thing. I actually let myself get optimistic earlier today.

I should have remembered that Russia is so corrupt that one of my clients, a major foreign exchange trading house, will trade the Korean wong but won't touch the rouble with a barge pole.

FIFA will feel right at home in Russia.........

I've beento both Moscow and Doha following England and I have to say, both countries are not suitable. Moscow was the most hostile place I have ever been to... absolutely dreadful. Doha has nothing going for it either and when you consider it's a dry country and you can only get drinks in International Hotels at £8 a pint, it's going to be a mighty expensive world cup for the fans too.

The 2022 World Cup has gone to Qatar, who apparently are going to build some brand new stadiums and then tear them down after the world cup and rebuild them in other countries!

QUOTE]

Qatar has a lot of stadiums, as the 'big' Sheikhs enjoy owning their own football team. Naturally they buy/build the stadium as needs be...

I have only ever been to football matches in Qatar and Bulgaria.

Qatar has a lot of stadiums, as the 'big' Sheikhs enjoy owning their own football team. Naturally they buy/build the stadium as needs be...

I have only ever been to football matches in Qatar and Bulgaria.

The temperatures in summer there reach 45-50 C!!! Apparently the new stadiums will be air conditioned using some new fangled tech.

Coming through that England got 2 of the 22 votes in the first round, pretty shocking....

Bit like Eurovision results. Certain previous governments overseas police actions have done us uncalcuable damage.

The brown envelope obviously wasn't thick enough.... :eek:
Two corrupt organisations join together, what more is there to say? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom