Enhanced Esso Diesel ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk270

Car
Was W203 270CDI A'garde, Was CLK270CDi A'garde, Current Porsche BoxsterS, Mini SDAll4
Was contemplating an additional six mile journey to my nearest BP filling station this evening, to try out the BP Ultimate diesel.

Thought better of it and settled for the normal Shell brew, but when picked up the nozzle emblazened all over the pump is advertising blurb claiming :-

enhanced protection
enhanced performance
:D
enhanced efficiency

all at no extra cost*

Then the bugbear - the asterix was followed in small print by the words '' Shell will continue to price its fuels at a competitive rate''. This raises three questions:-

1. Have BP and Shell been holding back on us with fuel technology ?
2. Are the car manufacturers OK with the new fuels (especially on common rail systems at 1650psi) ?
3. How much of this is an excuse to raise the prices by claiming they are offering something extra for the additional money ?

In fairness the price was unchanged to normal, but 'normal' diesel wasn't available anymore so I wonder how long before the price creaps up:confused

I am fortunate or not to have two very big BP filling stations nearby, I pass them both every day. I have been using BP Ultimate diesel since the Rolling Road GTG, I have noticed a great improvement in economy and performance.

The trouble is, at the RR GTG I have adjusted my tuning chip to give me more power and have left it like that since. So I cannot be sure it is the BP diesel or the tuning chip that is responsible, most likely to be the tuning chip I reckon.

There is less if hardly any smoke now too so thats a bonus.

I didn't see Watchdog but apparently they mentioned BP Ultimate.

BP have given Ultimate petrol a blue label at the pumps but they didn't notice their Diesel already has a blue label (be it a darker shade of blue) so poor Diesel drivers seeing a blue label have been filling up on Ultimate unleaded.

One customer was out of pocket for £160 to get his tank drained but BP have refunded him and said they are working to better the signs at petrol stations.

Not good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom