Enquiry: Leather interior for W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Munkee

I have an E200 W124 saloon and I want to upgrade to a leather interior.

However I need some advice. Should I go for real leather or leather effect? Which is the best material to use to get a good leather effect which is also hardwearing and easy to maintain? I've heard of MB Tex - what's that??

How much would they cost (leather/leather effect) through a MB dealer and fitted by them?

How much would it cost to order it through some other company who can order genuine MB seatcovers + how much is fitting usually by non MB dealer?

Would original seat covers still be available for a W124? All I need is covers for the driver's seat, front passenger seat, rear bench, x4 headrests, front and rear armrests and the doorcard inserts.

Is there a colour chart available to choose from?

When they are fitted professionally, does it look like it has just come from the showroom, or can you tell it has been fitted later?

If I found a very good one at a breakers, how much should I expect to pay for it?

If you wonderful people out there can answer these questions for me then I would really appreciate it.

Cheers :confused:

I'd just find one at a breakers - and fit the lot...

try mercman (higher price, but good stuff) or any of the breakers listed in mercedes enthusiast magazine.

the effort factor of doing re-covers and the cost of covers from MB would be extortionate - a cloth rear bench for a clk is over 300 quid - not fitted.

consider the value of your car as is - and the value of a replacement with leather...

I dunno, I got my complete leather interior for £50 :p

Sometimes - just sometimes you get lucky :bannana:

Hi,

The seat covers in my W124 are the original ones with the padded vertical stripes. Is this padding fitted to the seat itself or the covers?

If I want to fit leather covers with horizontal padded stripes (like in the pic below) then would I have to replace the padding on my seat or do the covers come with the padding attached?

Cheers

EDIT

Image upload aint working for sum reason, will attach pic as soon as it fuctioning correctly.

Attachments

• Vertical.jpg
    Vertical.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Horizontal.jpg
    Horizontal.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The seat covers are sep, but even the cloth covers from MB cost over £200, so leather will be more..

I'll probably get some covers from a breakers yard.

Are the padding bits to create the shape of the seatcovers fitted seperately or detachable. So if I buy new style covers, then can i fit new style padding, or do i have to replace the seat itself???

Munkee said:
I'll probably get some covers from a breakers yard.

Are the padding bits to create the shape of the seatcovers fitted seperately or detachable. So if I buy new style covers, then can i fit new style padding, or do i have to replace the seat itself???

Just get the entire seats including frames as the Breakers would be unlikely to separate the covers for you. (Replacing the entire seats is a half hour job)

Father-in-law had his E240 fitted with leather by the dealer but not by MB if you get what I mean! It cost him around about £1000 but that might have been subsidised by the dealer wanting to shift the car quick.

Have to say it is a very good, I would not have known unless he had told me.

Sp!ke do you know of any breakers yards in London, especially S/SW London?

Or does anyone else know a good breakers that they have used in and around London, Does anyone know a breaker who regularly has MB's in stock???

Munkee said:
Sp!ke do you know of any breakers yards in London, especially S/SW London?

Or does anyone else know a good breakers that they have used in and around London, Does anyone know a breaker who regularly has MB's in stock???

I think you'd be best making the drive down the M3 to Mercmans in southampton. Give Ricky a call first though and check whether they have anything.

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1182

If you find black leather seats for a 123 pleeeeease let me know. Ive been waiting for some to come up for years!

Cheers

jay

I got a full black leather interior for my w124 recently off Ebay. But it cost me nearly £500. But it looks great so I guess it was worth it. Dashboard was green so rather than replace it which would have been a nightmare, I just dyed it black it looks great. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom