Entering a name - Audio 20 telephone system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alchad

Car
220 CDI estate
Hi,

First time MB owner and first post on here.

I've just bought a 2011 C220 CDI fitted with the basic Audio 20 system (red/green phone buttons as I think that differentiates it?)

Been battlling this morning to get the contacts from my Iphone 3GS into the Audio 20 with no luck. So after Googling around and searching various Forums it appears that this is not DIRECTLY possible. I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm that this is still the case and there is no Audio 20 firmware update which has sorted things?

Again Googling etc, it appears that my only option is to use a different make of phone to bluetooth the contacts via that phone. Again I'd appreciate confirmation.

FINALLY - and my main question, as I couldn't import them from the Iphone, I tried to manual enter individual contacts, but try as I might, I couldn't find a way to manually enter a name into the Audio 20 address book. There is one name in there already (Mercedes Assistance, or similar), but I just couldn't find an option to add another - say enter "Home" - 0123-456-789. I can't believe this is impossible, but as I said I have tried.

Thanks for any advice.

Alchad

Can you connect the phone by bluetooth, then just download the numbers as vcards, at least that was the way it worked for me on my 2008 model.

Thanks for replying.

Yes I can connect by bluetooth, but dont appear to have an option to download. Were you using an Iphone?

Alchad

Same here with my Blackberry. I don't think you can enter names manually.
One way I think you can do it is if you have a USB slot in centre armrest (media interface) then you can import vcards via USB stick.

Same here with my Blackberry. I don't think you can enter names manually.
One way I think you can do it is if you have a USB slot in centre armrest (media interface) then you can import vcards via USB stick.

It can be done from a Blackberry, I did mine at the weekend. Enable the "business card function" on the car and then send the contacts from the Blackberry using Menu>Options>Bluetooth>MB Bluetooth>Transfer Contacts

I am led to believe that you need the "cradle" (£262 from MB!!) to transfer contacts direct from an iPhone. My brother got round it by transferring contacts to the SIM card and then using his old Blackberry to upload them to the car.

It can be done from a Blackberry, I did mine at the weekend. Enable the "business card function" on the car and then send the contacts from the Blackberry using Menu>Options>Bluetooth>MB Bluetooth>Transfer Contacts

Mine won't- its well documented on the internet

The iPhone doesn't support the protocol necessary to bulk push vCards to another device so you can't "send" your iPhone's address book to Audio 20. As you've also found out, there's no way of entering a contact manually to Audio 20, so things get a bit difficult.

A couple of alternatives are a) use a phone that does allow you to send vCards (e.g. just about any Nokia), or b) export your contacts as vCards to a USB stick (or a CD?) and import them from that.

All in all, you have my sympathy.

All,

Thanks for the replies. Ended up using another phone which wasn't without hassle as Iphones don't store phone numbers on the SIM card, so it wasn't just a case of swapping SIMs, but got there in the end.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom