Entrance position do not drive!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattDuke

Car
E350 Cabriolet
Hi guys. So after parking my S Class “‘99 430 up to go to the shops my steering wheel moved up and out of the way. I was surprised as it’s not done this before but thought that’s cool. I hadn’t to my knowledge recently switched the steering entry facility on? After returning to the car I put the key in the ignition and au had a warning light come on in red, “Entrance position do not drive!”. So after a few moments I manually movers the wheel into a normal position and drove home. Drives fine but I have the same warning on the dash every time I drive. I had a quick look on YouTube and a few forums but nothing conclusive other than a poor video on YouTube in Russian of a chap seemingly fixing it by moving either the steering wheel position and he seemed to do something with the seat. The narration is key cause I can’t see what he’s up to.
Any ideas?
cheer Matt

Hi guys. So after parking my S Class “‘99 430 up to go to the shops my steering wheel moved up and out of the way. I was surprised as it’s not done this before but thought that’s cool. I hadn’t to my knowledge recently switched the steering entry facility on? After returning to the car I put the key in the ignition and au had a warning light come on in red, “Entrance position do not drive!”. So after a few moments I manually movers the wheel into a normal position and drove home. Drives fine but I have the same warning on the dash every time I drive. I had a quick look on YouTube and a few forums but nothing conclusive other than a poor video on YouTube in Russian of a chap seemingly fixing it by moving either the steering wheel position and he seemed to do something with the seat. The narration is key cause I can’t see what he’s up to.
Any ideas?
cheer Matt
Panic over. I just moved the steering wheel to its extremities and held for 2 seconds on each position and it reset something!
FEW.

I believe you can reset the seat and steering wheel by running the seat all the way forwards and backwards on the seat adjustment button.
Glad its fixed:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom