Entry Exit Feature how far can you get it to move

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi Gang, So easy entry exit feature, w205 c class amg premium line. I have the feature, so the steering goes back towards the dash a few inches (i know metric but we are out of eu now, so inches it is) and it also goes up a few inches, hey all good so far. But nows the question can you set it so it lifts right up or goes right back toward the dash? I know i can set another button to memorise it back to those positions if i want, but just wondered if i can set them to do it on exit without putting it on another door memory button. If that makes sense.

It should go up, and back right up to the last point.

I will check tomorrow if its the highest point and as far into the dash as possible, if it is not can i reset it to do that, thanks.

No. Where it goes to is not adjustable as far as I know. Just the memories for where you want it when driving. You could use one if those to set an entry/exit setting, but you would have to hold the memory button to get it to where you have set it.

No. Where it goes to is not adjustable as far as I know. Just the memories for where you want it when driving. You could use one if those to set an entry/exit setting, but you would have to hold the memory button to get it to where you have set it.
Thanks i knew i could do that. Lets just hope i was dreaming about it not going back far enough, Thanks i will report back tomorrow.

Hi Gang, So easy entry exit feature, w205 c class amg premium line. I have the feature, so the steering goes back towards the dash a few inches (i know metric but we are out of eu now, so inches it is) and it also goes up a few inches, hey all good so far. But nows the question can you set it so it lifts right up or goes right back toward the dash? I know i can set another button to memorise it back to those positions if i want, but just wondered if i can set them to do it on exit without putting it on another door memory button. If that makes sense.

In short no - you can have it raise all the way up using easy entry/exit, but it won't adjust the rake back toward the dash as far as i'm aware. Just as an FYI, the EE/EE feature is a bit of a weak spot on the 205, seems to be a random event for some cars - I used to use it frequently but the steering column often gets stuck at the top most limit and usually requires 'manual adjustment' (i.e forcibly pulling down on the wheel whilst activating the adjuster) before it releases. It may not happen to you but thought i'd mention it.....

Thanks for the information, so i check it out and everything is working as is should, i must stop with the cream cakes. I did read on another post about the EE can get stuck but iv'e never had that happen, thanks to you all. I do miss the seat going back like my old Jaguar did on auto exit, but hey this drives like a dream :thumb:

I’ve just bought a C300d Estate (W206) and the ‘easy exit / easy entry‘ setup on there just doesn’t work well at all.

I had a GLC300d (X253) prior to it which had EE / EE and it worked perfectly. Open the door and the seat would glide back and the steering wheel up. In the C-Class, while it does raise the steering wheel, it actually pushes the seat forward from my profile’s set driving position making it even more difficult to get out! There doesn’t seem to be a way of adjusting it. I wondered if it was set so that it doesn’t potentially pin the legs of passengers sitting behind you but there‘s loads of room back there where it stops. I’m 6’ (183cm) so, tall but not outrageous.

I’ve got around this by programming in my own EE / EE position in one of the seat memory banks but this seems like a bit of a cheat. Not only that, but the seat memory buttons stop working after the car has been locked for a period of time so if my 5’ 8” wife has been using it and leaves the seat in her position and I go to use it the following day, I definitely can’t get in without manually adjusting the seat using the motor controls. Odd that they work but the memory buttons don’t.

Might have to visit the dealership…

Mine is a much older car (2006 149K miles) and the wheel goes all the way to the top position , the seats do not move on mine. I think the 'getting stuck in the top position' might be to do with drivers pulling themselves up with the steering wheel while it is still moving up , putting strain on the motor.

When I first got the car I found myself doing this.

I have yet to find a successful method to permanently reset the entry/exit convenience feature on various MB models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom