Enzo V SLR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This was on metro this morning...

and the enzo driver walked away with only a bleeding lip ... Now THATS a safe car!

No, the Enzo passenger had a bleeding lip, but managed to get his bleeding lip when the drivers airbag deployed :crazy: ;)

Even after a drink or 10 and having totalled a $1million car, to have the presence of mind to think "I am drunk, I should not have done this, I am shaken up and shocked, but know I should move into the passenger seat, deploy that airbag and claim that my imaginary friend Dietrich was driving" is trully boggling !!!

Last edited:
Spinal said:
...and the enzo driver walked away with only a bleeding lip ...
Wouldn't it be a co-incidence if Stefan and "Dietrich" shared the same blood group?

Mozzer said:
No, the Enzo passenger had a bleeding lip, but managed to get his bleeding lip when the drivers airbag deployed :crazy: ;)

Even after a drink or 10 and having totalled a $1million car, to have the presence of mind to think "I am drunk, I should not have done this, I am shaken up and shocked, but know I should move into the passenger seat, deploy that airbag and claim that my imaginary friend Dietrich was driving" is trully boggling !!!
How would he have deployed the airbag?
Or am I missing some tongue-in-cheek action again??:eek::eek:
Mac.

Mozzer said:

Well... considering they were doing more than 110mph (metro, thu morning) and the car was totalled, me'thinks a bleeding lip can be considered "pretty safe"... Didn't Diana crash at a similar speed? (ok, fine, no seatbelt there...)

machasm said:
How would he have deployed the airbag?
Or am I missing some tongue-in-cheek action again??:eek::eek:
Mac.

Both airbags would have deployed in such an accident... There is absolutely no way that the passenger airbag wouldn't have self deployed...

Enzo not anywhere near safe as Mercedes!

Believe me the testoster"enzo" does not have a 5 star crash worthiness rating. The junk split in two.

I'd walk away too after being that embarased.

Spinal said:
Didn't Diana crash at a similar speed? (ok, fine, no seatbelt there...)
You might find that a signpost is a bit different to a bridge support!

Shude said:
You might find that a signpost is a bit different to a bridge support!

They make pretty resilient sign posts these days... I saw a overmodded punto (stop laughing at the back :p) plough into a streetlight, topple it, skid around then ram into a lightpost where it stopped...

But thats besides the point, what I meant was, I would like to see a person in a similar accident in another car. Ferrari's (imo) are like the merc's, on impact, they will decompose, dust off the passengers/driver/pedestrian, then lay them graciously on the side of the road. (Though my friends ML totalled a volvo boxcar when he reversed out of my house... and the ml didn't have a single scratch!)

Michele

There was a similar accident where an Enzo did exactly the same thing and split at the bulkhead - this driver was killed however.

Spinal said:
Well... considering they were doing more than 110mph (metro, thu morning) and the car was totalled, me'thinks a bleeding lip can be considered "pretty safe"... Didn't Diana crash at a similar speed? (ok, fine, no seatbelt there...)

Both airbags would have deployed in such an accident... There is absolutely no way that the passenger airbag wouldn't have self deployed...

Turns out it (according to the news story) was only the drivers airbag that was deployed.
Mac.

machasm said:
Turns out it (according to the news story) was only the drivers airbag that was deployed.
Mac.

No, only the drivers airbag had blood on it.

Quote.

"But he had a bloody lip, and only the air bag on the driver's side had blood on it. The passenger-side air bag did not. My Scooby-Doo detectives are looking closely into that.

Eriksson's Enzo - one of just 400 made - is said to have been the property of the Bank of Scotland, which was attempting to repossess it at the time of the crash,
Maybe the RBS were in the SLR LOL
p

Dieselman said:
No, only the drivers airbag had blood on it.

Quote.

"But he had a bloody lip, and only the air bag on the driver's side had blood on it. The passenger-side air bag did not. My Scooby-Doo detectives are looking closely into that.

This was the news story I was referring to
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/news/features/features-template.jsp?dbid=32235

Says there that only the drivers airbag was deployed.
Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom