EO12 soc - Previous owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emc4raz

Car
c220 cdi sport coupe
Hi I have recently bought the above car but the service record is missing, its had one main dealer service in 2013 the rest would be independant, the last owner has had it since new and just wondering if any one recognises this

Any help would be much appreciated

Can you contact the previous owner? Address should be on the V5

So the previous keeper purchased he car in apr and wrote the car off in may, light front tap, the previous keeper not that helpful, so just trying to contact the one before the prevoius one as they had it since new, i know it was in loughton, the home address is in loughton and the car was purchased from mercedes benz loughton

Last edited:
Why don't you ask your dealership for a copy of the electronic service record .

bump

So you are saying it is a one owner car and then you are talking about contacting the owner before the first one. Either that makes it a two owner car with you being the third, or you are high on some substance.

Looking at the first MOT in April 2015, the car failed on worn tyre and worn brakes, suggesting it has not been regularly serviced up to that point - or these things would have been picked up.

Not neccesarily the bits would be changed when needed, just had the rear pads done today because they were out

bump

As a previous poster commented - have you got a copy of the electronic service record, think these came in in 2008 so yours as a 2012 is well in.

Contact a dealer who serviced the car for the original owner and ask them if they would be prepared to forward a note to the original owner on your behalf. Simply forwarding a note would put the dealer on the right side of any data protection issues they have (everybody is terrified about that one these days) as they would not be passing any info to you. There are no data issues about the car itself as the act only applies tom information about living individuals.

MB serviced at 15k, independant after that, i managed to track the previous keeper down but they through the bits away, i bought the car as salvage, last keeper who through the bits away aquired the car in apr and crashed it in may the one before hand had it since new

That's odd. Unless the car has done very few miles, I would have thought it would have been serviced within the dealer network at least until the warranty had expired.

bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom