EPC. Safe download site?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Had a clean install on my laptop recently and need to install EPC & WIS.

I have the WIS discs but can't find my EPC disc.

Does anyone know of a safe site to download the EPC from?

TIA.

Paul.

The file sharing sites themselves are safe, at least as long as you don't click on any of the advertising. I never had any issues with the file sharing sites that can be searched through FilesTube - Search & Download Files.

But since EPC is copyrighted, any download from file sharing website will a pirated copy and you will therefore be taking a chance as you don't really know what's inside the files you are downloading...

Either way, this is general advice only as I can't give you any specific details where you might get such a file from.

But at any rate I subscribed to the Online EPC - highly recommended, it's only around a tenner a year and totally up-to-date. And it's legal...

HTH.

Last edited:
Join the offical club and get full access to the latest WIS and EPC online included. Been invaluable to me... paid for itself over and over. Benefit is they are always up to date.

As above. Plus of course anyone suggesting a site would be breaking the forum rules ;)
We do not support anything illegal or inappropriate. Please do not knowingly post links to anything illegal.
As an aside, I had an eBay copy of WIS and EPC and eventually they stopped working (completely). I wouldn't bother again.

Many thanks indeed everyone.

I've now found the disk but it is being troblesome to install.

Will someone please post a link to the section of the owners club that gives the rates for accessing WIS, EPC etc,?

TIA.

Many thanks for that Mirras. :thumb:

Thanks Graeme. Enroled today and await my membership. :thumb:

WIS Access for US Resident with EC Car

Wonder if that EPC and WIS access through the club would work for a US resident too. Been having a dickens of a time gettting workshop info for my '03 E220 which was originally delivered to Belgium.

All of the registration portals I've tried for WIS require a EC address. (Already have worldwide EPC so that's no issue)

Anybody care to speculate?

WIS access is currently free as part of your membership as is EPC...

I think membership of the club is £33 per year with a £5 joining fee.

The Mercedes-Benz Club : How to Join

You know, even though there's not much talk about access to WIS here since our workshop manuals come on DVD, it's worth a shot. Thanks.

You could try contacting the official US club at Mercedes-Benz Club of America | to see if membership comes with WIS and EPC access that is available to UK members.

Hmmmm...this looks promising. Thanks for your input!

Wondering if Star TekInfo site is WIS for US models only? I know (and currently have) worldwide EPC access through there.

Anyone using Star TekInfo for European models WIS?

Confirmed - in the US, WIS access through Star TechInfo is for documentation covering US spec vehicles only:

"We only provide technical data on U.S. spec vehicles.
Regards,
The STAR TekInfo Team"

Seems like my best shot is to join the Mercedes-Benz Club (UK) and get the card to access EPC/WIS on the German site. Wonder if anyone has done that from a US address?

You could try contacting the official US club at Mercedes-Benz Club of America | to see if membership comes with WIS and EPC access that is available to UK members.

Confirmed - in the US, WIS access through Star TechInfo is for documentation covering US spec vehicles only:

"We only provide technical data on U.S. spec vehicles.
Regards,
The STAR TekInfo Team"

Seems like my best shot is to join the Mercedes-Benz Club (UK) and get the card to access EPC/WIS on the German site. Wonder if anyone has done that from a US address?

Looking at the club website it would appear to be no ban on overseas members. However non EC members have to pay a supplement of £10 on top of the normal fees. The Mercedes-Benz Club : How to Join

Thanks for your note grober. Message from Mercedes Club (UK) staff indicates no restrictions on location. Supplement of £10 is consequential considering the benefits, especially if I can get WIS access from abroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom