EPC WIS ASRA etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingpin!

Car
R350 (W251) & R350 (V251)
I wonder what possible alternatives there are for access to spare parts catalogues and possible workshop instructions how to change/repair different parts on a modern MB?

I understand that some information are available online and free via Russian sites (but that is in Russian) and also via Mercedes official fan club(s) and that it may differ from country to country?

Can someone shed some light in what the (best/cheapest) options are and what the different 3 & 4 letter words means (EPC, WIS, ASRA etc.)?

TIA!

WIS = Workshop Information System, its a workshop manual
ASRA = Arbeitstexte, Standardtexte, Richtzeiten und Arbeitswerte it is for calculating the amount of time a job should be billed at.
EPC = Electronic Parts Catalogue

As to access it depends what country you are in and whether there is an arrangement with MB to grant access.

If you join the MB club you get free access to wis and epc

No wis for Vito or Viano.

The club is the official Mercedes-Benz club for the United Kingdom. https://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/ I notice however you describe yourself as located in the EU I do not know if you can access these facilities from outside the UK although there are members abroad. Best to ask the club officials.
ps I don't think club access includes ASRA

pps In the UK access is via " Snap on Solutions" which is the official subcontractor who provides these facilities in the UK.

ppps You might get access if the country you are domiciled in has an official recognised Mercedes-Club and you join that. Don't worry about the language as the software is multilingual and you can select the language after you have logged in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! :thumb:

I'll consider if I will join the UK club or my local club.

If you join the MB club you get free access to wis and epc

Is this true, as a new member do I get access to workshop manuals? (this is an old post and I can't see other mentions)
Otherwise I guess buying one on ebay is the solution?

Any guidance appreciated. Thank you

You can get bootleg copies on CD from eBay. I've had two, and they both worked fine.

Good luck finding anything in the WIS indexing system, though; it's horribly clunky, and presumably follows German logical thinking, and German technical terms, translated into English. Once you are used to it, it's no doubt fine, but I don't use it often enough for that.

Once you find them, the instructions are good; it's the finding that gives me problems...

If you have a part number in EPC and then click on the WIS button at the top right, it should open the corresponding manual for that part.

I agree though, it's not the best to navigate.

Joining the official club gives access to EPC, not too sure about WIS

I bought a copy disk of EPC on ebay a while back, it was a bit of a pain to install, it worked perfectly, but had a timeout of 12 months after which it stopped working. It served my purpose well and was very, very helpful, I could use it at any time and it was cheap.

I bought a copy disk of EPC on ebay a while back, it was a bit of a pain to install, it worked perfectly, but had a timeout of 12 months after which it stopped working. It served my purpose well and was very, very helpful, I could use it at any time and it was cheap.

Just needs a new license and it will work again ;)

Aye, it does, but that was a few years back, and the ebay seller has probably been banned by now ;)

PM me I will see if I can help

Not able to pm anyone yet I'm afraid ;)

Have a word with Admin, you have over 30 posts. Before that, check your settings to ensure they are enabled.

I will do, and thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom