ePetition for Ambulance Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
I came across this on a photography forum and thought it worthy of a wider audience.

How many people know that the ambulance service is not an emergency service?

e-petition
It is classed as an essential service. It is classed in the same category as the gas, electricity and water boards, yet we still retain the 999 status and drive under blue light conditions. Calls for an ambulance are going up but the amount of ambulances on the road are going down due to cuts in funding. It is about time the government classes the service as an emergency service and give us the same funding as the fire and police then we wont be running around in dirty old ambulances that have done 300,000 miles and not breaking down all the time, putting more life saving medics on the road and meeting the targets the government set us.

Sign it here

Signed. 5726. Signatures now. Come on folks we need a raft of signatures to make this hit home.

Daughter in Law is an Ambulance Technician, works hard too.

There is talk in Lancashire of the driver of an ambulance being exactly that. Just a driver.
I don't know how advanced these plans are or if anything will come of it That is very concerning news for me.

The AA refer to themselves as 'The Fourth Emergency Service'. It doesn't make it true ;)

And it's not! The 4th emergency service is the Coast Guard.

BTW - I signed the petition and fully support the effort.

Last edited:
And it's not! The 4th emergency service is the Coast Guard.

BTW - I signed the petition and fully support the effort.

But if the Ambulance Service is not an "emergency service" doesn't that make the Coastguard the 3rd emergency service? :doh:

I also support the petition and have signed it.:thumb:

Typical of our Governmentthat they think that Ambulances are not needed for emergencies.......:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom