epetition on vehicle rust warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
One Austin Rushworth has launched the following petition on the government website:-

Vehicle corrosion warranties

Responsible department: Department for Transport

I would like to see all car manufacturers legally forced to honour the full term of their anti-corrosion warranties.
Typically 8-12 years though some offer longer and shorter ones. The warranty is against the formation of corrosion (rust) on the vehicle. But no car maker is honouring the warranty. once the paintwork warranty which is a secondary warranty runs out (normally 3 years) the car maker will simply refuse to accept there is a problem because, in their own words to be called corrosion rust must come from the inside of the vehicle to the outside. Not the other way round. Corrosion is corrosion no matter which way it happens. I would like to see a law passed which forces car manufactures to repair and replace rusted panels and parts on a car up to the full term of the warranty. Regardless of a full dealer service history. Cars should not rust within the length of the warranty!

It's slightly flawed in that its badly expressed. However for forum members who feel aggrieved about their MB rust warranty now's your chance! Vehicle corrosion warranties - e-petitions

If the T&C of the warranty say it has to be from inside to outside then there's nothing to be done as that isn't the issue.

Manufacturers would be extremely vulnerable for a lot of claims, as rust is almost inevitable if the paintwork isn't maintained, all those stone chips that owners wouldn't bother with on the basis the manufacturer would refurb the car for them in due course.

Nice idea, but when I signed up there was just 15 signatures. :(

Adding the letter R to the thread title would be apt I'd say. :rolleyes:

We live in hope.

Nice idea, but when I signed up there was just 15 signatures. :(

Adding the letter R to the thread title would be apt I'd say. :rolleyes:

We live in hope.

Would that be Bob Hope or...... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom