Epson compatible ink cartridges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
As the title suggests I'm after Epson compatible cartidges. It's an R300 and I've been using compatible cartridges of late but have to say they have a tendency to leak and have been less than impressive.

We're thinking of going back to Epson originals which cost an arm and a leg so just wondered what other members might be using instead. I'd rather pay more and get the better quality - but only if I need to:rolleyes: :devil:

If you buy direct from epsom a full set will be about £39 delivered, Or from what I have been told Staples do a full set(OEM) for £37.There is a company local to us called cartridge world that refill the original cartridges and they say it can be done for half the price of the new ones.I think its a national company so there might be one local to you.

If you want good quality prints, use the genuine article, if you are only printing drafts, use compatible. I have an HP printer and will not use anything but HP ink cartridges and paper, My two pennuf

Geoff2 said:
If you want good quality prints, use the genuine article, if you are only printing drafts, use compatible. I have an HP printer and will not use anything but HP ink cartridges and paper, My two pennuf

My problem is we want both:crazy: We print out lots of stuff for work which I begrudge paying top notch for. But I do want to be able to print quality stuff when I want.

I hopefully have in the offing a couple of sets of originals which will last us a couple of months. Failing that as it's hubby that does the work printing more than me - he's just going to have to get work to buy some replacements:mad:

Generally I am quite happy to use compatibles just as long as they do the job!

Thanks for the tips guys;)

I have an Epson printer and I get my cartridges from www.theinkfactory.com

They sell both OE cartridges and compatible ones - the ones for Epson printers are branded Jettec. For the price of one OE cartridge you can get four Jettec ones (and they claim that each of these holds 30% more ink).

Personally I think OE ink cartridges (and OE paper for that matter) are way overpriced and I fail to see how the cost can be justified. I've never done a like-for like comparison, but I am more than happy with the quality of the prints that I get - especially when you factor in the cost. I use both el cheapo paper and the Epson stuff if I want a decent finish.

You could also try www.cpc.co.uk I have used their compatables before for an Epson and had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom