epson printers inks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
ive just heared this morning as of tuesday 13th september it will be illegal for anyone to sell aftermarket ink cartridges for epson printers.epson have just won a long court battle to stop this .imagine the money they have lost over the years,genuine black £21 aftermarket £1.50???.
so stock up while they can still be bought

Never heard of this tbh... find it very unlikely indeed as it would put epsom out of business pretty quick as none of us would buy an Epsom again, choosing instead another brand that woluld allow cheap refils and cartridges.

Besides, would this be a worldwide ban or just UK? Cant be worldwide, wouldnt work if just UK so I recon its little more than urban myth.

must admit, my recent experience with compatibles is not good and we will go back to Epson just to save the printer!

Unless there's anyone else with an R300 who uses compatibles with no prob's. The ones we've been using leak!

Epson printers tend not to last very well IMO. Unlike other printers where the print heads are in the cartridge, epsom heads are in the printer and tend to clog up. Once done, they are scrap.

Nice printers when working but.... :crazy:

my supplier of im tec cartridges phoned me this morning and explained it to me,lets see how it goes

eek.gif
Hope not. Will have a word with one of my mates. He owns a couple of computer supply chops and his main trade is compatable ink cartridges.

I suspect it would be illegal under anti competition laws to stop any other manufcturer selling ink cartridges for a particular make of printer.

Spike.

If the heads block then perform head cleaning several times before condemning them. This often works.

What Epson have done is go after individual manufacturers who are 'copying' copyright technology to make replacement carts. They are still available and will be until Epson manage to shut down every replacement manufacturer. So far the action only applies to two manufacturers.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom