EQ Parameter, Command Online 4.5 W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc07

Car
C350cdi & C220cdi
Any idea how the equalizer parameter settings are changed on the later model w204 ?

On the pre-facelift, the adjustments were made on the command unit just by changing the displayed values.

It looks like it wants settings from a file on an SD card, but what the standard setup is and in what format I have no idea.

I borrowed the pics from another site....

Cheers
Adam

Attachments

• eq1.jpg
    eq1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 45
  • eq2.jpg
    eq2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 47
See below

Last edited:
I guess anyone who has upgraded the speakers/amp with the NTG4.5 have just installed a signal processor like an Audison Bit Ten ?

1st image shows adjustments that I am trying to find, this is from an earlier command system.

Then a couple of graphs showing the difference when playing a 20hz - 20khz sweep. No, the mic is not calibrated, but it is the same for both.

Aftermarket speakers in both cars.

1 - W203 Pioneer head unit, no equalization
2 - W204 NTG4.5 Command with factory equalization

It would be nice to be able to play with the settings before having to spend £300 on a processor.

No one have any idea?? :wallbash:

Attachments

• oldCommand.jpg
    oldCommand.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 39
  • pioneerVSntg.jpg
    pioneerVSntg.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 39
This one includes an Onkyo amp - in the lounge.
Very similar in the lows and highs to the NTG4.5 except it doesn't have the hole eaten out of the 600hz - 2khz range !

Maybe the in car acoustics don't help but unless the EQ can be adjusted I'll never know ?

Attachments

• pioneerVSntg.jpg
    pioneerVSntg.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 20
Sorted, now I have sounds that I can listen to...;)

Would you like to share what you did?

Would you like to share what you did?

Wasn't sure there was much interest as I was the only one posting lol.

I couldn't get any info anywhere so I spent some money on the processor !

In the end I purchased an Audison bit Ten.
It gets rid of the standard EQ and enables you to set a seperate EQ / crossover / level for each channel.

I replaced the front mids/tweeters, now running through the bit Ten, into an amp then to the new speakers via a passive crossover.

The rears I left as they were.

I never thought I needed a sub, always thought it was just for shaking the rear window, but yes you need one to play anything below 60hz...guess thats why they put one with the logic system.

The sub is a small 10inch, outputs taken from the subout on the bit Ten via it's onboard active crossover and a single channel amp.

I fitted the speakers / crossovers / sound deadening in the doors but got the shop to fit the rest.

Was going to take it up to Command to get done before christmas but I had a few other issues to get sorted with the main dealer first (another story) - meanwhile I was speaking to a local install shop, in the end they did the work for me...

Everything still looks standard, amps and processor are all hidden and it sounds a tad different now..

Any idea how the equalizer parameter settings are changed on the later model w204 ?

On the pre-facelift, the adjustments were made on the command unit just by changing the displayed values.

It looks like it wants settings from a file on an SD card, but what the standard setup is and in what format I have no idea.

I borrowed the pics from another site....

Cheers
Adam
Any luck loadind the eq parameters vis sd card?

I had the speakers upgraded by Comand UK, installed to a retrofitted NTG4.7 with no external additions (no pre-amp etc). They configured it all, so unfortunately I no idea if/how they configured the EQ parameter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom