EQC Recall - anyone had it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoristheBounce

Car
EQC 400 4Matic AMG in Brilliant Blue SL400 AMG Sport in Polar White
I had a re call for my EQC400 I took it in last week an I have noticed a big change in something but before I say I wondered if any one else had received the re call.

Cheers

Must be! What did you have done?
The recall was to check some wiring, but they did other things (Software Updates) as well which is what I would like to speak to someone else about who has had the same update.

recall notice will depend on when the car was made-not all models will be affected.

recall notice will depend on when the car was made-not all models will be affected.
Looks like this is what the original recall was for, all is well with mine apparently, its the additional work I have queries about.

Without knowing what the change is that you have experienced with the car its difficult to even hazard a guess. Any software changes may be particular to your car or of a more general nature. The only people who really know would be the dealership so I suggest you contact them for details? The other possibility is the car has coincidentally developed a fault unrelated to the wiring issue?

Without knowing what the change is that you have experienced with the car its difficult to even hazard a guess. Any software changes may be particular to your car or of a more general nature. The only people who really know would be the dealership so I suggest you contact them for details? The other possibility is the car has coincidentally developed a fault unrelated to the wiring issue?
My warm weather range from getting the car has shown from 240 miles down to bout 230 mile; with my cold weather range being around 200/201 miles when fully charged.

The day after my recall I charged the car overnight and my cold weather mileage range dropped to 178/179 miles! and has remained there ever since, its clear whatever was done has effected the range!

My warm weather range from getting the car has shown from 240 miles down to bout 230 mile; with my cold weather range being around 200/201 miles when fully charged.

The day after my recall I charged the car overnight and my cold weather mileage range dropped to 178/179 miles! and has remained there ever since, its clear whatever was done has effected the range!

How much of that range is calculated using previous driving history and consumption? Could the software update have deleted some of that data resulting in you needing to start from scratch?

I don't know how it works, just surmising.

How much of that range is calculated using previous driving history and consumption? Could the software update have deleted some of that data resulting in you needing to start from scratch?

I don't know how it works, just surmising.
As I understand it the range is calculated over time using driving data.
But that was 200 when cold its suddenly dropped to 178/179 when cold I would have thought if memory had been deleted it would have gone up not down????

That's disappointing, I would reserve judgment until you have used and charged it several times to see if there is a difference, I can get the computer on my 2010 E350CDi coupe to show 52MPG and almost 600 mile range if I drive it a certain way.. most of the time its 40-42mpg and 400+ miles... perhaps the mechanic gave your car a jolly good good thrashing before giving it back to you, which would reflect in a lower range than you were expecting?
:dk:

Will charging my EV to 100% really damage the battery?

it may be that Mercedes has increased the battery hidden "buffer zones" at each end of the charge cycle to extend battery life? PURE SPECULATION on my part. ;)
To be fair, this is exactly what what I believe has happened, I did always charge it to 100% you never know when you might need it and I charged it every night regardless of miles travelled the previous day, its easy just to plug it in.
BUT.... its not what I signed up to and I'm not pleased!

Don't go to do recall!!!
I make this mistake last month ... they update my communication module ... software ...and now everything getting wrong...car is shitty now... engine fan working non stop without reason...it show high temperature...no connection with AC,no connection with all pumps... water...oil... battery...menu is getting basic... engine idle get ruff... they wanna charge me 200£ just to check the issue...If I have a luck to sell this one ... don't wanna see this shitty brand any more... waist of money and nervous....
Sorry for that I sell my Mazda 3...was perfect car...
ML shit...E class same story.... this brand is rubbish...

Looks like my range is getting back to normal, 212 miles shown this morning after a full charge overnight.

To be fair the warmer nights are I think the difference, when it did dip badly we were having some hard frosts (down to -6 degrees) so I'm looking forward to bigger numbers as the weather gets better.

They must be knackered in Scandinavia with electric cars !

Definitely the milder weather is helping with the range but wonder whether it's also helping with the consumption too?

Charged to 80% last night and left home with 152 mile range this morning. Completed a 40 mile journey so should have arrived with 112 miles remaining. Wrong, arrived with 123 miles remaining ;)

Definitely the milder weather is helping with the range but wonder whether it's also helping with the consumption too?

Charged to 80% last night and left home with 152 mile range this morning. Completed a 40 mile journey so should have arrived with 112 miles remaining. Wrong, arrived with 123 miles remaining ;)
Funny you should say that... I left home with 212 miles showing this morning I've driven to work (3 miles) nipped out to see someone this afternoon and still showing 209 miles, I must have done 14 miles.

When I got in the car this afternoon after driving 3 miles to work it showed 215 miles, I think the warm weather has a definite effect. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom