EQC Recall - anyone had it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funny you should say that... I left home with 212 miles showing this morning I've driven to work (3 miles) nipped out to see someone this afternoon and still showing 209 miles, I must have done 14 miles.

When I got in the car this afternoon after driving 3 miles to work it showed 215 miles, I think the warm weather has a definite effect. :rolleyes:

Yesterday got even better when I got to return home.

Had left the car with 123 miles range, came to start it and it immediately jumped to 132 miles. Bonus. Did 60 miles home and finished with 79 mile range, instead of 72 miles.

A good day all in all.

Started on 152 miles
Completed 100 miles
Range left 79 miles
So gained 27 miles somewhere along the way

Consumption was drastically improved as well - typically I'm around 2.0-2.4 mpkwh, but it was up as near as 4.0 yesterday, average 3.0 in the end.

Yesterday got even better when I got to return home.

Had left the car with 123 miles range, came to start it and it immediately jumped to 132 miles. Bonus. Did 60 miles home and finished with 79 mile range, instead of 72 miles.

A good day all in all.

Started on 152 miles
Completed 100 miles
Range left 79 miles
So gained 27 miles somewhere along the way

Consumption was drastically improved as well - typically I'm around 2.0-2.4 mpkwh, but it was up as near as 4.0 yesterday, average 3.0 in the end.
I find that if I drive it like a "normal" car the economy isn't good but if I think about what I'm doing and be economical with my driving style its much better and maintains the suggested range and sometimes actually improves it.

IIRC?? the EQC uses the front motor for normal driving with the smaller secondary rear motor only kicking in seamlessly for maximum torque or when 4wd traction is deemed desirable. Could make a big difference to the battery current drawn/achievable range?

Last edited:
IIRC?? the EQC uses the front motor for normal driving with the smaller secondary rear motor only kicking in seamlessly for maximum torque or when 4wd traction is deemed desirable. Could make a big difference to the battery current drawn/achievable range?

Yes and this I think is a large factor, it actually has a screen showing you where the power is going and when; if you are anal then its a geeks dream car :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom