Erisin hesd unit poor radio reception

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inderpal

Car
C180
Hi people

Need advice got a 2009 mercedes clc. I recently had a kenwood unit taken out replaced with a erisin sat nav radio. I had the radio installed professionally. Since I've had it installed the radio reception is really bad sometimes non exsistant. I have called the fitter who said everything was fitted Correctly these after market units have this issue.

Anyone every fitted a erisin had the same issue and found a resolution?

This is the back of the unit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-201118.png
    Screenshot_20201202-201118.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Google it to see if others have had the same problem. Look at other recent threads in this forum on poor radio reception to see if there are any clues there. Don't take it amiss if you don't get answers straight away; it needs somebody who knows or suspects what the problem is to read your thread.

It could of course just not be fitted correctly, whatever the fitter says. If, as he claims, aftermarket units have this problem, did he warn you about the possibility, and does he know the fix? Have you contacted the vendor to tell them you suspect the unit is faulty and you may have to return it? If there's a known problem, they will be aware of it.

Last edited:
Are you sure it has been set up for UK?

Radio
- Main Chips: TEF6686
- AM Frequency Range: 522-1620KHz
- AM Increment: 9KHz(EU)/10KHz(US)
- FM Tuning Range: 87.5-108MHz
- FM Increment: 0.05MHz(EU)/0.1MHz(US)
- FM Area: Europe/USA1/USA2/Japan/Russia
- RDS: On/Off
- Preset Stations: 30(FM 3*6, AM 2*6)

Users who are viewing this thread